Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

That might be for the ONLINE store. On the back of my receipt, it does say 14 days for computer, 30 days for other stuff.

The online and B&M stores are separate entity despite sharing websites.

2. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

I purchased the S7S from the new MS store in Tysons Corner Virginia. It was good to see the store being mobbed with several hundred customers buying all sorts of products. Many were buying the S7S, some I saw bought three or more at a time. It came with the free dock and 25% off.

I opened the package in the car and sure enough the left corner was very slightly raised above the bezel. I expected the raised bezel problem to occur, so I purchased the Assure protection package. The glass design is supposed to be perfectly flush with the bezel and not raised at all.

Has anyone had success with fixing this problem, other than the superglue fix?
    I know with 3M VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive tapes, the bond gets stronger over time, and the initial pressure applied when assembling the parts is critical to a lasting adhesion. I'm going to pad and clamp the corner for several hours and see if that has any effect. Carefully applying heat during this process might also do the trick. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

3. hammid

hammid Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got off the phone with a Microsoft representative who called to assure me that the return of my first S7S was complete. That was very nice, especially since Microsoft had already sent me an email yesterday stating the same.

Looks like Samsung might have wanted to get these out before the holiday buying season and had a slight oversight on quality regarding the first batch. I will revisit the S7S once others have confirmed the glue issue has been resolved.

4. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

Been using mine since 10/20/2011, bought from MS Store in Seattle. Mine also has about a 1mm slight lifted edge on the lower left, but it's not a major problem. I do wish they did a better job on this though. This makes it look cheap.

Here's a pic of mine:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16069139/Samsung 7/s_leftedge_lower.jpg
    [​IMG]

I've seen worse though. Mine was hand picked by me from 4 when I was at the store. Some had mushy Windows button, some had sticky volume/power/rotate lock button, some with bad light bleeding, and some had worse screen lifting. I had to make a compromise, so I picked one with best screen but has some light bleed.

5. mittmark

Mine looked exactly like that right out of the box. It almost seems the power connector is too fat and the screen just won't sit flush at this point. The clamping I tried has helped a bit, but right near the power jack, it's still raised.

I have no other screen, build, pixel, or other problem issues.

6. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

hp 79, what did the guy at the store have to say`?

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For everyone who has the problem but doesn't think its a big deal

IT WILL GET WORSE :mad:

It did with mine :(

8. mittmark

Understood, but I don't want to replace mine too early. I want a new one when this defect is addressed and fixed permanently by Samsung.

9. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this has gone so far now that we can safely say its potentially affecting all units sold? Sooner or later they will give. We could start compiling some sort of model number thread where people state the number they have and if its lifting or not. Then we can start to see a pattern. Ill start a thread me thinks

10. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

Pictures are worth a million words:

[​IMG]

Think it's not a big deal?

The following is what happens when I apply some pressure so the glass temporarily goes back to where it belongs

[​IMG]

That's in my opinion an unacceptably huge difference.

Very unfortunately, this wasn't the case when I first received the unit 3 weeks ago. So I think it makes sense to assume this will eventually happen to most, if not all of the first batches sold.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.