Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

alvarez, sounds like you had back luck with a very early one. You must be able to exchange it under warranty?

2. Omniscaper

Omniscaper Pen Pal - Newbie

I calibrated with it unplugged and plugged, I'm aware of em interference. Something was just OFF with the assembly of this tablet, taking into the account the lcd screen pressure, warped bezel, light bleed etc.

3. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yah, a return is in progress and I should be able to make the switch this week. Will break it over my knee if I open the box and an edge isn't sealed.

The problem is between this experience, seeing the bezel issue on the 2nd one I bought, and everything going on in these forums, I'm just not very optimistic about Samsung quality right now.

It's frustrating that they chose the right chip, the right pen, great size/weight, excellent battery life and the issues people are having are stupid build quality stuff. Samsung got all the complex stuff right and it's way ahead of anything on the market. It's like they wanted 1-2 things to be messed up so they would have something to improve on in the future.

4. alvarez13

Yah, 1 corner of my tablet can't be calibrated no matter how many points I add to it. I also have the problem of tracking screwing up when I change orientation or tilt the pen slightly off how it was when I calibrated.

5. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

This thread is really troubling me.

I just recieved a s7s from tigerdirect. When I registered it, I was told the build date was 31 Oct 11.

What I am noticing is that the screen comes up very slightly (perhaps 1mm or so) almost everywhere around the bezel. Is this the screen lift everyone is talkign about, or is this standard screen flex?

I'm seriously torn, as alvarez13 has already indicated, Sammy got all the specs right (although a smaller screen with the same rez would have been GREATLY appreciated by me), but build qaulity is a HUGE issue for a product that is supposed to be portable and constantly availible.

I have a HP Slate 2 on order, and while hardware wise it is totally inferior, the build qaulity and size alone, might make me pass on the s7s. What good is performance, if you can't REALLY use it?

2d

6. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

" screen comes up very slightly (perhaps 1mm or so) almost everywhere around the bezel. "

That's pretty much what mine's like.

7. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Alvarez, what corner is screwing up and how large is the area? Not being able to calibrate properly isn't a problem ive seen a lot on the boards, maybe one or two tops. You haven't got that problem do you, excal?

8. alvarez13

Regarding number 4, it's NOT a stuck pixel. It's a piece of dust or something under the screen! I can see it with the screen off. Shows you how big of a deal a little opening is. It can only get worse.

9. Saluda

Saluda Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it is a 30 day exchange period policy. I just sent my off to Microsoft for an exchange. Hopefully I will get the replacement before next Thursday.

10. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

I arranged for an exchange and paid for the 2nd unit so that I could take a day to move the image to the new machine.

Microsoft Store on its own and without any reason unilaterally cancelled the order and never notified us.

I just got off the phone with a very rude and unprofessional person at Microsoft who absolutely refused to escalate to a manager. Evidently he is the highest level customer service representative at Microsoft. NOT

He absolutely refused to remedy the situation. They said their was a "security" issue with our charge once I called and they took over a half hour. They could not tell me what it was, or why and were perfectly happy to lose the order and a customer.

However I'm left with a defective product and they seem to be purposely trying to run out the clock on the 30 days.

Warning to all potential buyers from the Microsoft Store. Beware that at a minimum they have some unsavory representatives. Microsoft needs to fire this representative named "Craig".

If you get this person on the phone. Simply hang up and try your luck again or better yet, buy from somewhere else unless you are lucky to have a local MS Store with properly trained people.

In addition, Microsoft has no recording on the phone indicating that the call is recorded. I asked during the call if the call was recorded and was told that indeed it was. I then notified him that in our state it is illegal to record a conversation without both parties being informed and consenting, which I was not until I asked.

Microsoft need to correct these terrible business practices and at least train their people to treat customers as customers. What an absolutely ridiculous set of business practices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.