Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omniscaper

Omniscaper Pen Pal - Newbie

That explanation sounds suspect because the explanation I got was that everyone's Nov 11 shipments were:

"... held up in Customs, and any emails that were sent out regarding cancellation of the orders should have

Been a “backorder” email vs. a “cancellation” email.

The new ship date has been set as 11/18/11."

That previous explanation sounds like smoke blowing to ensure either a sale or an exchange. I grow skeptical that my replacement tablet will not exhibit the bezel problem.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The new ship date has been set as 11/18/11...>>

...S7S deliveries that were scheduled for 11 Nov have started shipping; just got my notice this afternoon.

I guess I'll have an opportunity to play "screen separation roulette" after all... Apparently, I have 30 days...

3. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh wow. Thanks for the info. That would certainly be great if it was just a switch to a different adhesive as a working fix.
    Much more likely Samsung would do this rather than another course.

Of course, total inaction and denial are tried and true methods :rolleyes:

4. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Steve, do you think think that if it had shipped after the 18th, you would have gotten one from the new batch (and the "new batch" is still speculation on our part right? Might be nothing new or fixed at all!)

I ask because amazon are listing their 64gb version as in stock on the 19th, and it looks like Ill be ordering that one, of course I'm hoping it will be the all new "100%-fully-functioning-and working-without-a-hitch-dream-machine-that-Ill-never-have-to-return-" unit.

5. Steve S

<<...do you think think that if it had shipped after the 18th, you would have gotten one from the new batch...>>

...No. In our case, the 18th was a completely arbitrary date; just our "guess" that a new batch of production might be in the pipeline and headed our way. If it turns out that the 18th was just due to an import roadblock, then it likely had nothing to do with improved production...

<<...That would certainly be great if it was just a switch to a different adhesive as a working fix...>>

...Exactly, and it could be an in-line fix, happening at any time. That's both the good and bad news; if that's what they do, we won't quite know when it occurs... except that screen separation problems will suddenly go away...

But it could be this week or a month from now...

6. alanburchill

alanburchill Pen Pal - Newbie

7. timpaatkins

Hi Alan, welcome! I was the one who brought you here! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... When did you order and receive your slate? Was it an early batch?

8. Steve S

<<...S7S deliveries that were scheduled for 11 Nov have started shipping...>>

...Just opened the box. The S7S looks and feels solid. The glass face looks to be even with the rim all the way around. No separation... yet...

9. timpaatkins

Keep us posted Steve! No flex? The last one you had, did it have separation out of the box? Is there a batch number or anything? did you get the old batchnumber by any chance?

10. Steve S

<<...The last one you had...>>

...Didn't have a last one. I had an order in, but as soon as this issue surfaced, I canceled it. Replaced the order about two weeks ago after I got notification that the S7S product team was aware of the problem. Hoped that the deliver would take another week or two, but here it is.

The good news: These unit aparently came from overseas, since they were stuck in Customs. Probability that it is fixed is increased...

The bad news: I think it's maybe still a little too soon to expect a fix, unless Samsung's production line is unusually agile. Probability that it is fixed is decreased...

I'll be busy doing some measuring for a while...

OK. I'm going to be posting updated screen and AC adapter measurements...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.