Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I also made a screen capture where I pasted red arrows where the elevation -seems- apparent. I'd like to get confirmation from users with slates in perfect condition if that silver line is the famous gap or if it is present in good units too. If the video shows a defective unit it would be more than surprising, don't you think? (I wonder if the cameraman noticed it too but decided to keep his mouth shout. :])

http://205.196.120.35/1bd92c368eba4fc30b0dfcdb95ecc017c950a1eeff2e72803c3d6901a4d663f56g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

The silver line is just light reflecting off the bezel. That black line right above it is the side edge of the glass, which shouldn't be visible - the top of the glass should be aligned with the bezel.

Here's mine at a similar angle (sorry for the dust).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok then, many thanks for your quick confirmation TCIAL.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...does that make it even 2 weeks?..>>

...I guess it depends upon when you started counting, but I'd say about two weeks. If a fix was rapidly developed and implemented into production, then new units with fixes might be in the distribution lines by the end of this week...

But that's just speculation on my part.

5. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

I cant imagine the cost of a recall and repair on these things.. Ill wait until the end of the month, hopefully everything should be settled by then and supply plentiful for the holiday season!

6. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Been using mine daily, still no prob. Could be because I've mostly been painting, sketching, and brainstorming with the journal app, often while laid flat on a desk. I put a microfiber cloth beneath to prevent scratches and allow me to rotate like a sketchpad. The combo of constantly laying my hand on screen while working and cleaning with the microfiber could be preventing the pop up.

Solution: Learn to draw!

Still keeping tabs on the situation, will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

7. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

Spoke to Microsoft Store (web) today. I had left a message regarding the Bezel build problem. They were very nice, said that the current hold was due to this quality control problem. They then offered to exchange the unit. Since we have software installed, they ordered us a new one and provided a return UPS label. When the new one comes in, we'll lay our image on top and return the current one. Then they'll remove the charge. I like this solution better than being without the unit which we are now using.

8. timpaatkins

This must be why the amazon 64 gb is due to come in on the 19th of november, dont you think?

9. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Whoa! Great news this! I bought mine there and was hoping this would happen.

But before I break out the bubbly, I have to wonder if there's even a viable fix for this. Let's hope so.

10. timpaatkins

hehe well at least it isnt on the inside!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.