Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Is anyone else experiencing the problem where the screen seems to be kind of popping up above the bezel? I notice along the windows button side and another corner that the bezel doesn't look like it's secured (glued?) properly? See attached picture. I want to get an idea of how common this is

This is really bugging me and I see this has happened to another user (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sam...-let-us-know-what-you-think-9.html#post258463) and on my friend's slate as well.

Called the MS Store I bought it at. They said they'd ship a new one overnight (if they had any) for free, but I had to pay to ship it there (coming out to like ~$15). Should I go through MS signature?

Attached Files:

2. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

That was probably me in the other thread. Not a bad idea to post specifically here. Will help to include model (mine is (A04) and store (MS online order). I haven't called them yet, but thus far I have been pretty happy with their customer service and communication. Glad to hear they were responsive to your concern as well. Let's hope this gets resolved quickly and easily.

3. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

Called MS Online ( I guess it's Signature). I need to either return my unit first and they will then send a new one, or if I desire no downtime, purchase a new one outright and return this one once I get the new one.

In any case, it looks like I will have to go the the back of the line. 10 days until they show expected availability. Shucks, just cancelled my Amazon preorder and lost my spot in line there. At least I got the free dock offer. She said "well maybe I can stop that before it goes out too", I was like Nooooooo??

I guess I'll have to hold out for a bit to return it. Since my EP121 is in for service, this is now my main machine for work.

Or I could dust of my Motion M1400. Talk about being built like a tank! It's still kicking, after a Windows 7, SSD, Wireless N upgrade 2 years ago!

4. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I see that my bezel is indeed lifted as well. It's only along the the long side where the Windows button is. The parallel side the glass is flush with the case. It's very odd.

Edit: It does push back down, but who knows for how long.

5. flameran

flameran Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem here. Called MS and they wouldn't cross ship.
    I am wondering if we can glue it ourselves if it is not hard to do.

6. cmenice

I wonder if this is really an issue (or will cause issues later) or me just being "nit-picky".

7. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

I obviously can't speak for your situation but mine seems to undergo a bit of flex, and even creaks a bit just when resting my palm on it to take notes. Not sure what's underneath, but with lots of tiny connections, I don't think even a minimal amount of flex is healthy.

I also think the gap is enough that it could allow moisture inside.

Given the cost of this machine, I don't think I want to leave this to chance.

8. cmenice

I agree. My concern is I'll go through the trouble of getting another only to find it has the same problem :) Which would be bad all around.

9. John566

John566 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine, also from the Microsoft store, has the same exact issue. I can even get my fingernail under it and lift. Stil doesnt bother me as much as my stuck blue pixel.

10. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know if the //build tablets have exhibited the same problem? they've been out in the wild a little longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.