Selling My Asus R1e

Discussion in 'Asus' started by w1nter, Feb 12, 2008.

1. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know through my posting and review of the Asus R1E late last year.

Sadly, after having the R1E for a few months, I have come to realise that the Asus is not a tablet which meets my requirements.

As I'm a university student, I have found it hard to carry my R1E along with my uni text books (usually a good 4-5kgs on there own). I'm currently, going back to my Sony U8G (800g) as it does what I need, just heaps slow.

At this point, I'm looking to sell my R1E for about $2000 AUD (negotiable, only selling to people in Sydney Australia. The current retail price for the R1E in Australia is about $2700, so that is a good $700 in savings, plus I'll also giving away a 4GB SDHC sd card (bought this for the purpose of readyboost) as part of my sales package.

The R1E is in good condition with a little smudge on the left palm rest, the only thing that is missing from the original package is the 2nd bag which comes with the R1E.

The R1E was purchased from P1 in the US when it was first realeased, hence I would arrange with Ivan according with regards to warranty issues.

The specifications for my R1E are as follows:

(T7700 2.4GHz / 13.3"UVA WXGA /2GB/ 120GB / DVD±RW / 56K 10/1000 WiFi BT/ FP/ BUS)

As far as I'm aware my R1E is still currently under full international warranty with 1 year accidental warranty (I'm not sure how this applies in Australia).

I can't post pictures as they are too big, if you are interested I'll send you the picture via email

Please either email me on cold_moons@hotmail.com or call me on 0433111822 if you are interested.

2. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

In terms of shipping for those who reside outside Sydney, I'll have to contact the courier service to see if they can do something like cash on delivery just so that that the transaction will be more save.

3. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone interested???

4. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

I think everyone who is brave enough to get the R1E this early has already got ours from various resellers, and everyone else are just waiting to see if the battery problem is fixed.

5. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

I figured, though my sale are meant to be for those who wants a relatively new one which is cheaper then the standard price.

I'm not sure what people have done to there R1E, but i have yet to get an error, in any case if it doesn't sell then i have no chanoice but to use it as my desktop at home.

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Your problem is that you're carrying around books even though you have a tablet. Stop carrying your (physical) books, and your problem is solved.

7. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

i considered that too, but i need the text books in class to answer, thats how my lecturer's do their work. If i was to scan the required text for the week, it could take hours, as it usually a matter of 100-150 pages

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

That should take you far less than an hour to scan. The slowest I scan is at 4 pages per minute. 150 pages / 4 pages per minute = 38 minutes. You could do the whole thing while watching a Tivo'd episode of Lost, and still have a few minutes to spare.

The best way would've been to scan everything before the semester started, but you can remember that for next semester so you're not carrying around a load of books or scanning books in the middle of the semester.

9. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

most of my books I have been able to find in PDF format - It definitely takes some evolution on your part to get everything into a laptop - but once you do - you may never go back. This tablet, with the exception of a few rough spots - has been wonderful. Winter - you may have better success selling on a craigslist / ebay site. I am sorry that this laptop has not worked out for you. Good luck to ya.

~above~

10. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

I did consider putting everything on PDF while i'm at work before going to uni, but it will take alot of my lunch break away.

I did like to do everything in advance, but the material don't get release to the week before the semester starts... + work = no time lol

but should it not be sold, i guess i have no choice to use it as a desktop replacement.

My R1E has worked great for me, just not the mobile bit ...

in any case, thanks for everyone who is viewing and also those who have posted :)

Cheers,