Secure Boot Signature Failure

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Solrax, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

Waking up my Vivo Note 8 from sleep one evening, I got a nice bright red dialog box saying I had a secure boot signature failure. I clicked OK and got the same screen again, another OK and I got to a recovery screen saying I needed to press the Windows Key to enter UEFI settings.

The windows button on the left side didn't work, so I used my handy-dandy OTG adapter to plug in a physical keyboard and got into the BIOS settings.

Now I had figured the system was a goner, like perhaps the flash drive had failed. But I was able to disable secure boot, entered my BitLocker key, and booted up. A Windows Update immediately finished applying itself. I am pretty sure but not 100% certain that the night before I had told it to reboot to apply updates.

At any rate, it booted into Windows normally, and everything seems fine, all files intact, etc.

But I can't re-enable Secure Boot, if I do I get the same error and have to disable it again, but now I don't need to enter the BitLocker key.

Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened? I've done a good amount of Googling and I haven't found anything recent that matches my experience (I did find reference to earlier Windows Updates that would fail with Secure Boot enabled, but I haven't heard of anything breaking the signature).

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I got it to after installation of the last win 10 preview
    I disabled it
    I would like too know how to reactivate it and not have my AVN8 blocked.

3. MarcSilverTriple

MarcSilverTriple Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems solved with build 10565 (I was able to reactivate secure boot). But there is other issues with this build. Going back to 10240 until next build shows up.

4. thierryb

Did you succeed to install 10565 ?
    Which version of the bios do you have ?

5. MarcSilverTriple

MarcSilverTriple Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, with last version of the bios. Install would work only if you keep the tablet in portrait mode for the whole installation procedure.

That being said, there is other issues with this build I have with the tablet, and I got BSOD with boot stage after few days, where I need to boot from external media to fix it out. Not very practical, so going back to 10240.

6. thierryb

Thanks.