Second Generation!!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kudoskun, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mech_Engr

Mech_Engr Pen Pal - Newbie

:) Does anybody have any idea when second generation of R1F will be launched ?????????????I Know its a bit early to ask this question but i m waiting eagerly for that. After reading this forum for at least 3 months I have decided to wait until all these issues get resolved and Asus will come up with a new R1F with new design and windows logo on it .

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If they release another tabby ( and that's a BIG if ), I'd expect that it would be Santa Rosa based ( or Centrino Pro or whatever they are calling it this week ). Santa Rosa systems I wouldn't expect to see for another 5-6 months or so.

3. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

I think what he means is a new build for the R1F not a new model. This is done constantly. ASUS has already designed a new underside for the R1F to remedy the problem R1F's had been having with the scratched pen. I don't know if R1F's currently shipping also come equipped with this new underside as standard and I certainly don't know if and if so when other build problems will be resolved. The best advice I can give you here is, if you need one buy one.

4. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

thats a big 10-4 alpha. oh the sweetness...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.