Searching within a "page" in OneNote 2007?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by transcend11, Jul 6, 2008.

1. transcend11

transcend11 Pen Pal - Newbie

One big issue I am having with OneNote 2007 is with the search feature.

What I want to be able to do is search for specific words within a "page," (the tabs on the right side) but I have one "page" that is a book that is 470 pages. Or in the case of a Biochem lecture, a pdf file that is 14 pages. When I search for a word, it will tell me the word does exist in that "page" but it will not actually LOCATE the word for me... which is just about 100% useless in the case of large page count... I could scroll through the pages to see if there is one with highlights and move on to the next, but this is completely unnecessary.

I've tried limiting my search to "within this page" but it doesn't do anything differently.

Am I missing out on a giant, obvious feature?

2. tonkabui

tonkabui Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I think you're overlooking the arrows on either side of where the search result says, "page 1 of 1" or more generally, "page X of Y." The arrows indicate "Next Match" and "Previous Match," which automatically goes to the next hit for whatever you are searching for.

3. transcend11

transcend11 Pen Pal - Newbie

I figured out this solution a while ago, but I wanted to post what I found out in case others had this similar problem.

The problem I was having was when I was using the search mode, I had the Highlight tool selected. This was preventing OneNote from automatically skipping to pages other than the one already in the view with the search term.

If I searched using the Selection tool it would skip directly to the pages with the search terms.

Thank you for your help though, tonkabui