1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Searching Tablet for Digital Art and reference Portfolio mainly

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Aranel, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Aranel

Aranel Pen Pal - Newbie

1. What is your budget?
    I'm relativly open, but I would prefer it not to be over 700€ (which would be iPad3 64GB Wifi category)

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
    I think so, but I'm a bit suspicious about ebay or similiar sites.

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
    I prefer an iPad like tablet, cause it should be mobile and handy.

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

5 to7-inches
    7.1 to 10-inches
    10 to 13-inches
    Above 13-inches

I would say something between 10 and 13 inches. But I would consider a different size if any ony recommends it, cause of reasons.

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
    Germany

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
    No, not really. I'm not very fond of android but I want a good tablet.

7. How many hours battery life do you require?
    As much as possible, 3h min.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
    I would use it to carry reference photos and I also consider starting my art digital. Just the regualr (home) wifi thing will be enough, I would love mobile internet but I have no extra money every month to spent on it.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
    I own an iPhone and an Acer Laptop running Win7. So I have no prefence, but it should be compatible with Windows.

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
    No clue. any suggestions?

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
    No, not as a primary criterion.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
    No.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?
    Not really, should be ok for my purpose.

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance
    Yes I think so. But I would be ok with a screen protection.

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance
    Yes, and I would love one with pressure sensivitiy if possible. I never used N-trig but I love my Wacom Bamboo Fun.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
    It's enough already if I can connect it to my Pc.

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
    None.

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
    I fancy an iPad3 atm cause fellow artists I know did recommend it but I'm not sure if it's ok or good for my purpose and it's quite price-y. I like the iOS cause it's easy to use and enough for a mobile device (in my humble oppinion) and I like the look of it.
    I tried it a few minutes at a friends party and quite liked it but I don't know if it's the right thing longterm.

thanks in advance, Mareike