Searching in OneNote

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by 123456, Aug 23, 2007.

1. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have ON2007 running on Vista. My handwriting is very sloppy. Even after training, there's still a lot of mistakes in conversions. I'm not going to converting my notes in OneNote to text but would like to use the search tool. However, it often doesn't correctly recognize my handwriting so it won't find what I'm looking for. Is there a way to include close matches in the search?

2. watson10

watson10 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know I'm not answering your question, but how bad is your handwriting? Like can you post a sample somewhere for us to see it?:)

3. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

OneNote converts this to:
    lhs is her bad my Evidently 77. H gets even sharpener is I rally her to we hut.

This is about what it looks like when I'm taking notes. When using the TIP, I write a little slower so it doesn't have too much trouble.

Attached Files:

4. Coolv

Coolv Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow--even I can barely read it! Write more neatly and don't swallow letters like you're doing all over the place. BTW, are you attending med school? :p

5. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

With commong words, it tends to turn into almost straight lines, especially with -ing, -ion, etc. I guess I'll just slow down when it comes to important words. Is there somewhere where I could download dictionaries for biology? I tried writing slowly and neatly, but even then, it still doesn't recognize some of the more uncommon terms. @coolv: I'm only going to undergrad but will be going to med school after that.

6. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not surprised TIP can't recognise it, since I can barely read it myself. It has trouble recognising my handwriting too, but that's fine since I hardly convert to text. If I need text I'll be in laptop mode.

I guess I'll just wait for Vista to be worth the money.