Searching in OneNote 2010

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Robert3568, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Robert3568

Robert3568 Pen Pal - Newbie

The 2007 search enabled me to scroll through all matches found on all pages, best as I can tell in order to scroll through matches in 2010 I have to select a single page and can only scroll matches on that page... Please tell me I am missing something and that there is a way to scroll through all matches without having to "know" what page I am looking for.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Not sure if this is what your talking about but I will give it a shot. In 2010 doing a search you can select the option of where to search at the top by clicking the link "Type to search in:". After the search of the area you have selected you will see a results list. At the bottom of this list is a link to "open search results pane". Clicking that will open up the search pane with the results which are just like 2007. This will have highlighted pages where the term was found and the expanded list in the pane. Selecting each page lets you scroll through it, or you can scroll through the results pane.

3. Robert3568

Robert3568 Pen Pal - Newbie

That is much closer to what I was hoping for...
    Thank you so much,
    Robert

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Your welcome