Searching for solution to recover Windows PC data

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows OS (Windows 7, Vista, etc.)' started by shelly20, Aug 30, 2013.

1. shelly20

shelly20 Pen Pal - Newbie

Today i found my precious files are missing from my Windows7 installed computer system. I am very upset bcoz i have no idea how can i get back my files. I need help to recover my files in simple way. Guys please suggest me an idea for recovery of lost data.

2. freewilly

freewilly Pen Pal - Newbie

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just pull them off your regularly maintained backup drive/USB stick/SD card. (Sorry. But seriously; every artist goes through this hell at some point, and it's a hard lesson, but one you don't soon forget.)

On a more practical note, luckily there are a number of disk recovery programs. When a computer erases files, it doesn't actually erase them; it just notifies the computer that the space they were using is now open again to be over-written by new data.

If you have a second computer, use that to search for recovery tools; don't use your regular computer, because every time you write to the HD, you increase the chances of over-writing the data you want back. If you don't have that option, make the first thing you do is install a recovery Disk Doctor and run it right away.

Good luck!

4. barryherne

barryherne Pen Pal - Newbie

I see no problem at all. Choose one of the tools that are used to recover data e.g.Acronis and do it. But also remember to install come backup software not to have such problems in the future.

5. quantumpcsupport

quantumpcsupport Pen Pal - Newbie

freewilly , gave you absolutely correct suggestion for recovery of files. I also use Recuva data recovery software. You could watch tutorial video regarding data recovery link if it is not violation the forum rule. Here is the link

[video=vimeo;85901472]https://vimeo.com/85901472[/video]

6. changed

changed Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you very much!