SD cards on M400 UK

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by everythingblogcast, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Take it the SD cards MUST be a branded such as Panasonic. I have tried the SD cards that I have that are Orange branded.

I have updated, rolled back but nothing works. XD cards work. If anyone else had this problem and fixed it could you help me out, or if you still have the problem.

Many Thanks

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Or the Orange branded cards are proprietary?

3. everythingblogcast

Thanks For Replying to me Barry

The Orange SD cards can work on my two Palms (M500 and Zire 31) and it workings when I connect it to my Printer (Epson R340 both of the R340, HP 7762 and 8450) and the card reader on the computer (Dell) it shows up and I can write and read data onto it. So if the card is locked out for PDA and Smart Phones does anyone know of the branding I need to get.

Many Thanks Again.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Kurt,
    If the 'Orange' SD cards are working on both your PDA's, Printer and PC but not on your Tablet it would indicate a problem more to do with how the M400 is reading the card.

Is it at all possible to try another card (borrowed from a friend) in order that you can try out the M400 card's interface....

Also; In a forum on Fujitsu Siemens PPC's which I help run, I have often mentioned to the members who report cards not working in their devices to try the following tip.
    'Get hold of a Digital Camera that supports the memory cards format, insert the card into the camera and format in within.
    Now take out the card and try it again in the device'

You would be surprised how often that tip has resurrected what was believed to be a faulty memory card.

5. everythingblogcast

Thanks for the reply P8RSON, I have tryed the SD card in my brothers M400 and that does not want to work. So I will buy either a kingston SD card or a Toshiba SD card and try that. Or even ask Toshiba for one to try it. LOL

6. drzeller

drzeller Pen Pal - Newbie

Back in the M200 days, it was noted that the slot did not take MMC cards (same size and shape as SD), even though SD is supposed to be a super-set of the MMC standard. Toshiba confirmed this "feature" at some point.

Are you sure your card is an SD card and not an MMC card? If it is MMC, that could be the problem.

D.

7. everythingblogcast

It is a SD card, with the lock thing on it. Yes I have two of each and have been using them for about 4 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.