1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

sd card reader not working

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by justMatt, Feb 16, 2008.

1. justMatt

justMatt Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried using the micro SD card slot for the first time the other day and for some reason nothing is showing up. I'm not sure if I have to do something but when I go to my computer I dont see it. I thought someone here might know whats up, so thanks for any help you give.
  2. MJCS

MJCS Pen Pal - Newbie

call up gateway or do the online chat with them
  3. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage

From Wikipedia:
    From Gateway specs:
    I don't see micro SD on the list and it may be possible that only some brands will work if they do.
  4. VeganGeekChick

VeganGeekChick Dualbooter

I don't think the card reader works with SDHC cards (over 2GB I think).
    I've got a 4GB miniSD and the only way I can get it working is with a USB card reader.
    My smaller capacity cards work fine in the built-in reader, though.

I haven't tried microSD.
  5. oscarlucy

oscarlucy Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a 2 GB microSD card i use for my Samsung BlackJack phone, and it came with a microSD-to-SD converter...(stick the micro card in to the converter and it becomes a standard sized SD card) and i can confirm that my card reader had no problems recognizing or accessing the data on my microSD card.
  6. NeoLibCon

NeoLibCon Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried enabling the reader in device manager, or updating the driver? It's almost always one of these two problems, along with a simple restart.

Gateway web support has drivers you can use first. You are supposed to start with downloading all the drivers from the site when you first get your computer, then use Windows update from then on.