Scribbler - Would you buy again?

Discussion in 'Electrovaya' started by ras, May 7, 2006.

1. ras

ras Pen Pal - Newbie

Seriously considering a SC-3100 and wondered if those of you with Electrovayas would buy another. Met one user in person that loved his but thought I'd try to increase my sample size of users. I've read a couple of negatives (and positives here) but wanted to ask before I drank the kool-aid.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think they offer a really nice product, no reason to avoid them. They're just a niche player and you're going to pay full price since there's little in the way of pricing pressures.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With the EV, your getting a solid business-class machine. They have also taken care of customers with any brief issues upon the refreshed Scribbler line. Those are some favorable reasons to buy.

4. ras

ras Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Brian & Barry.

I also considered the Motion but thought the Scribbler would have better battery life, according to the few reliable sources I have read.

I am surprised that no owners of the Electr. have responded, but perhaps it is because it is a holiday weekend.

Cheers.
    --
    Randy

5. terlcartman

terlcartman Pen Pal - Newbie

Still loving mine, so yes I would buy it again. I use mine every day at work to take notes from meeting teleconferences etc. Battery life is great but I am yet to see 9 hours of life. I think that 6 is more like it but I have not been keeping a record. I would like to know what settings the power settings were on to get the 9 hour life, but so far so good.

6. ras

ras Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your valuable input. I sometimes over analyze these types of decisions and I just need to go ahead and make a purchase. One discouraging part of purchasing an Electrovaya or Motion is there no return policy once you buy. I understand the reasoning, but I don't like it. I'm checking to see with CDW if the Scribblers are returnable after a short trial period.

7. terlcartman

terlcartman Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not sure but I thought I read, either in the review or on their site, that there was a decent return policy, like 30 days or so.

8. ras

ras Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. It was my mistake. I had called Motion and they do not allow returns for a working product, according to the representative I spoke to. They recommended I try to get one through Dell in case I needed to return it.

I checked the Electrovaya site and they do indeed allow returns within 15 days. For the Scribbler I am interested in, the restocking fee is only around $400. IMHO, that is a little steep.