Scribbler SC-3100 Tablet PC with Outside Display

Discussion in 'Electrovaya' started by Barry J. Doyle, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Renehasp

Renehasp Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, not the greatest start, but I'm sure they'll take care of you. Feel free to read Barry's review if you need a cheat sheet ;)

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am astonished at the issues that plagued this unit. I certainly hope that Electrovaya makes good on this.

4. dunway

dunway Pen Pal - Newbie

Really can someone please help me with getting review models for computers and such. All i got was an Alienware Aurora and a Gateway latop to review for my school. I need more electronics to review or im out of newspaper.

Hopefully, you will get a better model. One of my student teachers had one and it was great.

5. swhoutx035

swhoutx035 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Renehasp. Just curious if you've heard anything back or how the story turned out.

I am very interested in this slate/TPC, but would like to know if yours was a random occurence or if there's a problem with the model; as well as knowing how EV resolved the problem for you. Thanks

6. terlcartman

terlcartman Pen Pal - Newbie

I recieved my 3100 last Friday (ordered on Monday express) and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I did not get the outdoor screen so maybe I should have started another thread, but since people were curious about this slate in general I thought I would add the good to go with the bad. I had/have an Averatec c3500 that started to go bad and the electrovaya is a far better maching in all respects (as it shoud be at almost 2.5 times the price) but the Averatec had some serious issues, heat, fan noise, motherboard problems, bad digitizer and poor support. The screen on the averatec was brighter and did have the "glossy" look but over all there is no comparrison in my opinion.

7. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Glad to hear that your EV is working so well. You definately have a significant upgrade from the ol' Averatec C3500!