1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

scribbler 4000 or modbook?

Discussion in 'Electrovaya' started by storebror, Feb 20, 2008.

1. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

I am really interested in one of these. Anyone have one?
    From an artist point of view, would it make sense to buy this instead of a modbook? I´m only going to use it to draw and piant with.
  2. Grod

Grod Pen Pal - Newbie

I was having the same dilemma. I ordered the Scribbler. The ModBook isn't shipping very expeditiously. People who ordered a year ago are just getting theirs, and only a few of them, at that.
  3. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Grod.

I´d love to hear your thoughts on the scribbler when you get it, maybe a review?!
  4. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't heard of the "Scribbler" or Electrovay till now; What are specs in terms of art? Pressure sensitivity and stuff like that? Anyone know?
  5. Grod

Grod Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking I might do a review. As for pressure sensitivity, it has Wacom penabled sensitivity. I think 256 levels, but am not sure. I figure that's enough. Anyhow, it's going to be used for drawing and sketching, so I'm expecting a good bit from it. But I don't have it yet. I'll soon know, I hope. And I'll post about it when I get it.
  6. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Look forward to it Grod...
  7. GregR02

GregR02 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know anything about the 4000, but I do have experience with Electrovaya. We bought 5 3100s about a year ago. We have had to replace all the batterys. Have had two die and have had to send them back. They outsource their warranty work and it takes forever. Their customer service sucks. I would never buy anything from this company again.
  8. kruzilla

So, has anyone gotten the Scribbler yet? Thoughts?
  9. WSU Cougar

WSU Cougar Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased one the other day and am still getting the hang of it. It is an excellent tablet. It is FAST, clear and works great. The pen is not "heavy duty" but it works well. Using Windows Vista Business and although I do not particularly like it, the handwriting recognition is amazing! Having a little difficulty with making the fingerprint software work as there are absolutely not instructions that come with the computer. I purchased the optional external CD/DVD player and it works fine. All in all I think a great machine, particularly for use when wanting to use it in meetings. Much better than my pld PDA!
  10. kruzilla

Cool! Thanks WSU Cougar!

Now, has anyone used it for art and how was their experience?