screen screen protector issues with viewanywhere display

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by emma, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

HI folks - as some might know - have recently purchsed a motion 1600 and can highly recommend the machine!! v expensive - but an excellent choice - have had no probs whatsoever

HOWEVER

I have a view anywhere disply, which, without the supplied protectors (which are supposed to compliment the view anywhere screen) - am happy!

BUT

the protectors are total pants in bright conditions - reflects light coloured objects such as... erm...the sky!!!!!!! and can see nothing on screen as a result - without the protector the screen is fine (well, you do lose some but can still be seen, unlike indoor only displays )

Im an illustrator and like many, need a natural writing experience to enable me to draw in my natural style -
    obviously am not prepared to go without protection for obvious reasons!

would a completely matt protector do the trick - this seems logical

I have the 3M protectors, which motion sell and recommend for my tablet

Can anyone suggest a protector that will work well on a view anywhere or otherwise called indoor/ outdoor display - having just read other threads it might be that I need to experiment with different pen/protector combos to get it right! if You have been through this or can point me towards a relevant thread - please help!

Many thanks guys

Emma
    PS - the whole issue of applying a protector is simply a matter of learning how to do it - though they are expensive - accept that your first one might simply be learning curve experience - if you are using a low tack type (adhesive all over the back) do not be tempted to remove the backing sheet first - peel it slowly, inch by inch as you apply the protector from narrow edge to narrow edge using firm, even pressure (2 handed) using a squeegy (you might need a lovely assistant in a sparkly gown to perform this feat of magic!") but it can be done - I have a couple of very tiny bubbles/particles under mine - but hey - sh*t happens!

2. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

Me again - update - have just heard of the Vikuiti Screen Protector by 3m - folks on tablet pc buzz have things to day about them - anyone know if I can get them in the Uk - (or where I can get them shipped from in US) and can I use on my Motion 1600 -

main drawback for me seems to be that the surface is smooooth - one chap said it was like writing with a gel roller ball rather than a pencil - not good for me!

Please help me - I am going blind and mad from reflections! and really dont want to spend the rest of my life in a darkened room!!!!!!

What is the point of having a great view anywhere display when the screen protectors undo this technology?

Mr Doyle Sir - I believe you dont use a screen protector - arent you worried about scratching the screen?

3. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh I dont believe it - checked out motions website and guess what - the screen protectors they sell ARE the Vituiki protectors - so I checked the packaging that my SP came in -only to find that THESE ARE THE ONES I HAVE - THEY ARE RUBBISH!!!!!

I wonder how people can rave about them (see tablet pc buzz) when I can see with my own two eyes just how awful they really are!!!!!! I am dazed and confused!

If people are saying theyre good - I hate to think what lesser SP's are like!

Oh - what now I wonder - am v close to ripping the thing off and taking my chances with a bare screen (ooohhhh - I dont want to, I really dont!!!!!)

4. Parjoe

Parjoe Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Emma. I don't actually have a tablet pc yet, but I can understand you wanting to protect the screen and actually being able to see it at the same time!

I have been shopping for a tablet pc for a few months now and collecting links.

I came across these screen protectors.

http://www.strongengineering.com/

I can't vouch for their quality, but I wouldn't have booked marked it if they hadn't gotten a decent review from wherever I found it.

I hope this helps you out.

joe

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

parJoe - thanks so much - have just placed an order with Stong Engineering - at just over 7 dollars each (11 pounds including air mail - and they accept paypal - which made ordering a breeze!)- I'll be back to tell you what I think

If anybody has any other suggestions - I'd like to hear them also

6. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

emma. you can edit your post. there is a little button next to quick reply that says edit (bottom of every post). Anyway I have a bstron screen protector but I do not go outside with it so I would not know if it works anywhere. but you must understand that the Viewanywhere technology is made for the bare screen. Adding another layer puts in the variable of diffracting the display more (the light that comes from the screen and the light that hits the screen and both go to your eyes to make an image) so it will be a little altered.

oh and as for the bstrong protectors they work great. sice they are basically a hard cover like a shield there are no airbubble like other protectors (and getting those out can totally ruin the screen protector and the screen)

7. Parjoe

Parjoe Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem Emma. Glad I could help.

joe

8. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Poet - I can edit the main body of text - but not the title - thanks for your input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.