Screen Ripple

Discussion in 'Asus' started by macuis, Nov 5, 2006.

1. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to know if any of you notice the screen ripple when using the stylus? It's my first tablet, and I suppose is normal for regular notebooks, so not sure if it is normal for tablet's.

Thanks

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Screen ripples.... due to the glass element of a tablet, you shouldn't get screen ripples.

3. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

While I was writing the review and playing with the stylus and writing on the screen, there was no rippling.

Also The lid is very strong, and pressing on it does not exhibit any ripple on the screen, thus flex is non existent for the screen.

4. dustinin

dustinin Pen Pal - Newbie

how hard are you pushing down on the stylus? because it is possible for glass to bend (just not alot)

5. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a gentle tap, when tapping icons or links. I wouldn't have noticed it at first, but when I was checking for dead or stuck pixels on a black backdrop, there is a small ripple in the middle of the screen. It is noticeable if you tap the middle of the screen, or when writing.

6. dustinin

dustinin Pen Pal - Newbie

if it is noticeable then you should exchange it, because i'm pretty sure it shouldnt do that

7. saranya

saranya Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure if this is what he is talking about, but if you view the screen at a steep angle, you will see the ripples cause by when pressing on the screen. at least I do, but I attribute this because I don't beleive the screen is completely solid...but it's stiff enough that you won't punch a hole through it

8. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi there,
    Yes i also get minute ripples too. I also thought it was normal. It's exactally as you described. The ripple will contract inwards towards the middle of the screen. I don't find it that much of a big issue.

Cheers,
    Will

9. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, it just happens to be there. You will notice it more with the eraser end of the stylus since you have to press harder to erase items.