[?] screen protector???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Carter, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

I think I got confused by this comment, thinking that the speckling issue is worse with glossy screens.

My IS performs poorly outdoors due to the scratches all over the place. Outdoor visibility was quite good w/o the protector, but because I use the resistive touch a lot for scrolling, I get greasy "skid marks" on the corners of the screen.

I think I'm gonna try the photodon clear

I'll get back to this when I get it. Thx!

2. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

OK, I got the protector and I put it to some testing.

I can't believe I didn't go for this and got the invisibleshield instead! Installation was about 1000 times easier and both indoor and outdoor viewing experience are excellent!

I was worried about the glossy protector making annoying reflections. But the fact that the x61t is matte countered that, which I did not expect.

It is definitely fingerprint prone, as mentioned in the review. But so is the bare x61t screen, so I don't mind that.

I can clearly see the screen,albeit washed out, and read whatever's on it outside on a sunny day, EVEN UNDER DIRECT SUNLIGHT!

Although I wish the screen protector was a little larger, it does cover the whole real screen area--not fully edge-to-edge. All in all, highly recommended for any matte screen users.

mucho props to truc :D

3. tonkabui

tonkabui Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad things worked out for you. I didn't know if a matte screen would play nice with the Photodon AR, but you've put that question to rest. Thanks for the insight! I get a lot of questions from people who have matte screens and wonder if the AR protector from Photodon would suit them. I'll point them to your post. Thanks again!

4. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Scribbler - Standard Member

I prefer ScreePatronus:

http://www.screenpatronus.com/

I have used them on my Palm, GPS, etc for years and they always seem to hold up for a very long time. Also, crystal clear. To the point where I cannot tell it's on my palm and feels GREAT to write on.

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I compare the Screenpatronus website with the Navprotector website, then I see, that both companies use the same icon in the browser windows. Additional their screen protector is based on the same patent:
    "All Products are Manufactured Under License of Warman U.S. Patent Re 35,318"

For me, this seems they produce the same screen protector.
    According to this review about the Navprotector:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=15505
    they only produce AG screen protectors which are definately not clear and produce a grainy display.
    So I wouldn't buy those screenpatronus screen protectors.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Scribbler - Standard Member

Weird, I've never noticed a grainy display on anything I've put a ScreenPartonus on...and I am pretty picky about that kind of stuff.

*Looks at Palm TX*

Yeah, no grain. It looks like no protector is on it. Weird...

7. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you tonkabui for your reviews! Bought me the protector from Photodon for my Asus R1E (it has exactly the same size as the i-book 13,3") and i must say this is great! You don´t see that there is a protector on it. And it seems that the display is less grainy with the protector. And their screen cleaning liquid is great also (c: It was not easy to get this stuff to Germany but it was absolutly worth it!

8. Carter

Carter T4210 user

Hello,
    sorry for shooting in a question without having read the whole thread:

I have a T4210 and a HTC Kaiser pda phone, both without screen protectors.
    Would you recommend me having this or are they protected well on themselves?

I have had screen protectors for my pda phone, but after a while they became dirty and disgusting to look at, so I removed it, and keep it clean all the time.