Screen protector question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larry7, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larry7

larry7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Are there any screen protectors that will allow wacom pens to still work? I have a T900 and i want to keep the screen in good condition, but i still use the pen. Nusheild seems good, but will it still work with the pen and touch (touch is very unimportant to me but the pen is absolutely necessary)?

thanks for any responses

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I haven't heard of a screen protector that interferes with the wacom pen, although it can certainly have a big effect on how it feels to write. I can't help you at all with touch.

3. annie

annie Pen Pal - Newbie

i have recently bought anew laptop and i want a screen protector for my laptop ..but i have some questions about screen protector is it works well...please have any idea.

4. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

I've found that EXiM screen protectors are great - I prefer the matte Ultra-Protect version, but both Ultra-Clear and Ultra-Protect versions are equally wonderful. I don't notice it on my screen at all, and the pen & touch functions work normally (better, actually, with the matte screen, since I like the "grippyness")

You can get it here:
    EXiMStyle: EXiM Screen Protector

5. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

@singisumina: Do you have a matte screen underneath your protector or a glossy one? Been looking at the Exims, but since I have a matte screen I was not sure which would be best, will the ultra-clear just in essence give me a transparent protective layer or does it add some "glossiness" to the screen, and on the other hand, will the Ultra-Protect, being matt, sort of "double" the mattness of my screen (which I assume would look weird?)

Thanks for any advice!

6. Jackson

Jackson Pen Pal - Newbie

I never heard screen protectors that will affect wacom pens, but the screen protectors with glossy is better.

7. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Pen Pal - Newbie

You can read up on Exim and other protectors elsewhere on this forum. I have the ultra protect one and I would almost say that it even improves pen writing (I have a glossy HP TM2). The only drawback is that it kinda blurrs the screen somewhat. It is most noticable on white colors. First, I thought it was quite bad, but now I've gotten used to it. The protector I bought was a tad to big so Exim sent me a new one. At the same time, I ordered an ultra clear one as well (just to test out) but I haven't applied it yet.

The ultra clear will add glossiness to your screen, thats for sure.