Screen protector - Photodon Crystal View what size for tx2000 tx2500?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Engreeks1

Engreeks1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you guys remove this before applying the photodon? How good is the factory protector by it self? Do you think the photodon will be better than the factory one? Thanks!

2. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

There actually isn't one, just looks like there is. There seems to be a layer under the passive digitizer that has a faint edge that makes it looks like there may be a protector.

3. Stinger1988

Stinger1988 PennState-Junior

I had the same problem with mine, it was about 1mm too big, i just kind of wedged it under the plastic and with some work it came out fine just one little bubble i cannot get out. I saw this thread and decided to e-mail them and they are sending me a new one for free so ill have an extra becasue mine is not messed up enough for it to be worth removing.

4. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

It's all in the name. Anti-glare does just that, reduces glare. While Crystal clear reduces some glare. it's primary mission is to preserve clarity and color to a better degree than the anti-glare.

check this link out for the differences: http://www.gottabemobile.com/CategoryView,category,Screen+Protectors.aspx

Scroll down a little - both photodon's are there.

5. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my screen protector and laptop in today. :D

A helpful trick I learned from some other forum was to go into the bathroom, and turn on the shower/ faucet to hot and let the bathroom steam up, this will knock out a lot of the dust problems. It has helped me with applying other screen protectors as well as this one.

Enjoy!

6. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

installed it with as little bubbles as possible. Nothings perfect in this world as long as the screen underneath is beautiful I could care less at this point. I still got a little dust underneath it with all the precausions I took but what ever. Its a nice screen protector and perhaps when I feel like it ill buy a new later and apply it better than the last two screens.

7. Mendel

Mendel Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the current size adjusted for the 1mm? On the site it says revised.

8. SirGecko

SirGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe so, yes.

9. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my replacements from Photodon and it fits perfectly with enough margin for you to be able to apply it.

10. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, this one lays in just perfectly now. Anxious to apply it, but gonna wait till I steam up the bathroom first... so the dust settles from the humidity :)

...and it went very well. Got a single small piece of dust underneath, but I can't even see it with the screen on, so I may not worry about it. I like the slightly more tactile feedback with the pen. I do have to be slightly more confident that my finder makes solid contact with the screen, however.