Screen protector - Photodon Crystal View what size for tx2000 tx2500?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 17, 2008.

1. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep.

They are taking care of me and sending me a "corrected" screen protector also.

Good company and great product (other than the measurement error.)

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

New one came today and it fits just right. A little <1mm space at one end (width-wise) which lends to easy removal. Height-wise, it's exact. It really is a great protector. Props to Photodon and their awesome customer service. Looking forward to doing business with them again.

3. freekick

freekick Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed! They answered my e-mail request about the subject within 15 minutes and they've got a replacement coming my way immediately. They're on top of their game!

4. andy_boy

andy_boy Pen Pal - Newbie

You don't need to purchase a screen installation kit as well, do you?
    In addition, what would you folks recommend, Anti-Glare, Anti-Reflect or Crystal Clear? Experiences?

5. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

Sent them an email and I haven't heard anything back. I ordered two crystal clears. I mucked the first one since it was too big. I got the 2nd one on after some mods on a paper-cutting board...but it's ugly.

I'll give it few days and see if they respond. If not, I'll have to write them off and not use them again.

6. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

And to think, I've been skipping this thread... boy am I glad I clicked through and see that others had problems - I thought I just sucked at centering it and after half a dozen attempts, there was just so much dust and the start of some damage to the protector, that I thought I'd just chance it without the protector. I'll email Photodon ASAP.

7. billycat

It took a couple of days for them to respond to me, hopefully it's the same for you.

8. Kippy

Kippy Design Hospitals

Out of curiosity, did you guys who had problems installing order crystal clear or anti-glare? Just curious. My anti-glare install went well the first try.

9. billycat

I got the MXAR(?) which is Anti-Reflective (I think it's also referred to as crystal clear.) It goes on rather well until you get to the far corners, or least mine did.

10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

No you don't need to purchase the kit. You can use a credit card. Hopefully you you have a screen cleaning kit or solution to clean the screen before you begin. Make sure it's dust free before you apply the protector. I purchased the Anti-glare (MXTHPTX2X). It's great.