Screen protector - Photodon Crystal View what size for tx2000 tx2500?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 17, 2008.

1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Had the same problem too trying to get the photodon on. It is 1 mm too big in the width.

I think that since there are enough of us here that have been having to problem, they should send us all new ones. I think we should all ask photodon for a replacement since we were going by their specs. We shouldn't have to cut them ourselves when it's ordered to fit the unit.

2. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

Crap I already placed another order... I think they should give us all new onesAnd supply giantyellow Squeeges like that one inthe Gottabemobile video. I could definitly use something like that! Anyways I specified a 1mm Reduction on all sides on my new order so I can actually take the screen off.

3. 2.0™

I just sent them an email concerning the issue and included a link to this thread. Perhaps you may be able to get credit for the one you just purchased, all things considered.

When I was installing mine, everything was going well until that last part. And I followed their instructions to the letter having no air bubbles or dust underneath. I just could pry up the bezel to fit the overage and so the protector crimped. Taking the protector off ruins it as it will most assuredly attract dust when you do since the backing isn't there which you slowly peel off during install.

4. 2.0™

Just got a response from Photodon and they are now aware of the issue and are making the appropriate changes and remedies.

Great product, great customer service, great company. :)

5. yungdinero

yungdinero Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys-do you think that if I ordered on Sat. that they will give me the fixed version of the protectors or will i have to return and get it replaced

(By the way I just got my tx2500 say an hour ago and I LOVE IT!!! and if you've had experience with hp, then it is relatively easy to removetheir crapware only took me an hour)

6. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I managed to get it on with just bubbles in last 2 corners. Wasn't too happy but was going to live with it until I got a replacement. Maybe I'll shoot Photodon a email as well.

7. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I emailed them about 5 minutes ago about the order that I placed over the weekend to make sure they send the correct one, caz I do not have the time or the patience to wait for a return and exchange.

Edit: Already got a response from Don... this is what I call excellent customer service:

"We will be removing 1mm from the film as a standard from now on. Thank you for your input/note.

Please do check size before trying to apply film, and let us know if there is any problem.

Your order is within the new batch that will be re sized."

8. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah they are now going to cut it down to 1mm from now on. I hope that will be enough for everyone =). I did not want to go to any other because these ones are really nice once you get them on.

9. Kippy

Kippy Design Hospitals

With the amount of hassel that I have to go through with Photodon to just get my protectors, I am not going to risk sending mine back to them. I guess I am just screwed here, but with the delay I have had with them, their customer service is not very good and I will not buy from them again if mine didn't fit right. I will just go straight to 3m.

10. tn1

tn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an email from Photodon this morning too. It looks like they're going to take care of me since the previous one was just a tad too big. Great customer service!