Screen protector - Photodon Crystal View what size for tx2000 tx2500?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

I orders a photodon screen protector. It came really fast since its from MI and Im in WI:) . I read over the instructions up until the point where it says to apply the adheison part onto the screen. After I completed that I noticed bubbles underneath the screen. wtf?...:confused: then I read more of the instructions and it stated to reapply if bubble show up... but I had already placed the screen over the screen and no way in hell would be able to pull it back off because it was cut too perfect. So yeah I was pretty much screwd for 10 minutes trying to get my fingernails underneath the without dirtying it up... yeah right... I finally got it off some how by chewing on the end of a pen cap into a small enough object where I can push the corner out of the groove. I didnt want to use any sharp objects and it wasnt like there were any instructions as to how to pull it off of the screen... so now I have a really messing photodon screen filled with fingerprints and dust. So I read on and find that I need to run it under warm water....:eek: OH but WAIT you can not dry it with a towl or anything.. You have to let it air dry!:mad: So what do I do.. Ah a blow dryer should get the job down.... failed.. and unfortuanly a blow drier seems to get to get to close to hair so it was messed up even more then it was b4... What a bad experience... I was so pissed at myself and the screen that I ended up just crumplying it up and jaming it in the garbage....:mad: :mad:

Im gonna order another one later and try again when i get my next paycheck only this time ill read the directions and watch many youtube videos more carfully!:D

2. Kippy

Kippy Design Hospitals

I wish my Photodon came quick. I order it on 6/27 and with priority shipping and I still have not received yet. I live in CA and it is far away, but with priority shipping, it would never take this long. Heck. the tracking info from USPS is useless as well. For the ENTIRE week (today as well), it said they do not have any updated information.
    I am so upset that I didn't get my screen saver. :(
    Anyway, Jpwinks, I hear your pain in regards to applying screen protectors. That is why I usually buy two. :) Just in case. :)
    Now, if only USPS would just deliver my screen protector or Photodon would actually mail it.

3. tn1

tn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just applied my photodon screen protector yesterday. IMO the screen protector is cut too big. There is absolutely no room for error in the width dimension. I had to fight with the protector for an 1 hr to get it on correctly and still the protector has to be tucked under the bezel of the tx2500 to fit correctly. At that point you still may have some air bubbles at the edges as it's too big. IMO photodon is just cutting it too close and isn't allowing for some wiggle room. It might be a incorrect cut just 1 mm on their part or an HP bezel that is 1 mm smaller. I don't know what it is.

I would suggest for users to ask to get 1 mm looped off the width and if you don't feel like doing that make sure to get some gloves to work with because you may have to fight with the protector numerous times before it lays on the screen correctly. I ended up applying mine from the top of the screen to the bottom. that way I could make sure the width fit correctly.

Also for ppl needing to remove the screen protector, I used the edge of razor blade. You can carefully peel up the protector by trying to lift up it at one the screen corners.

4. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm new to tablet pcs, so excuse this dumb question....but why is everyone buying the photodon screen protector if there is already one on the screen from hp? Does the screen look different with the photodon film?

5. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. Photodon screen protectors are cut too big. I ordered two and had to throw the first one out. I cut the second one off about 1mm on top and left and I applied it without a problem.

I recommend getting a custom cut size that's 1mm shorter on each side than what Photodon has.

6. jsnorman

jsnorman Chicago Lawyer

I just got mine and its laying in the garbage can. 1mm too big (even though I gave precise measurements on a custom cut down to .5 mm accuracy, AND asked them to take 1mm off each dimension for safety). Further, this is the WORST screen protector I have ever used in terms of bubbles and difficulty in removing them.

Sorry, I know photodon in well reviewed on this site, but I am going back to 3M.

7. Duface

Duface Pen Pal - Newbie

Dont know what kind you guys should get, but definitely get one. My screen has two tiny scratches on it. The included pen they gave me had a tiny imperfection on the eraser end that scratched the screen. I'm pretty angry about it, and I'm hoping to get it fixed.

8. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

Well atleast you guys understand my issue and made me relize what I need to get the next time I order! I do not want to take any chance between now and until my screen winds up w/ a scratch:D

9. Mendel

Mendel Pen Pal - Newbie

Am i screwed because I used the tx2500 for a few days without a protector, I'm still deciding on whether or not to buy one. Also, which one should I buy, the photodon website is.... well crap. Can anyone explain the benefits of each type of protector, anti-glare and if thickness will impact the tablet and such. Thank you.

10. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

after watching the video on Gottobemobile.com, I noticed the guy in the video had a nice yellow thing he used to place the photodon screen on to his laptop to reduce bubbles... where did he get a hold of that:confused: If I had that i probably would of faired better with my first photodon... but anyway I really want that screen protector on my screen :mad: