Screen protector - Photodon Crystal View what size for tx2000 tx2500?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my tx2500 order in yesterday and after thankfully reading this review http://www.gottabemobile.com/CategoryView,category,Screen+Protectors.aspx
    I decided to get a Photodon Crystal View protector. Looks pretty good but does anyone know what size to get. They have a 12.1 widescreen and one made for a fuji tablet. Can anyone throw out some measurements of the screen size. The entire touchscreen material beyond the screen but not up to the hard plastic.

Thanks
    If anyone can tell me the specs.

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

It might be one of those situations here one has t wait to receive the unit to give an accurate measure. The dimensions on the tx2000, which is pretty much the same unit AFAIK, is 10.2" x 6.4" (260mm x 162mm). But is that the area inside the bezel or the total LCD panel size?

Anyway, since I too am interested in the photodon film, should I receive my TX2500 before you do, I'll post the proper measurements.

3. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh well got the 12.1 widescreen hope it isn't too small....

4. bored2426

bored2426 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered a custom screen protector from photodon for my tx2000. The measurements were 262.5 mm and 164.5mm. I put it on and it fits like a dream!

5. 2.0™

Excellent. So when you ordered did you choose for it to be exact to those dimensions?

6. bored2426

Yes. They told me that they will cut off one mm to allow for some error. It fits very well though. If you use those exact measurements it should work.

7. st1tcount

st1tcount -Classified Information-

Since the Tx2500 has the same screen, think those measurements are good for it too? Also bored2426 did you get the cleaning kit from photodon? Do you think it is necessary to get it? I already have a good lens cleaning solution and several microfiber pieces of cloth.

8. 2.0™

Thank you very much bored2426! I'm going to order it tomorrow for my yet to arrive TX2500.

ST1count - yep, it's the same as the TX2000.

9. bored2426

I didn't get a cleaning kit from photodon. It does however come with a cleaning cloth which seemed to do the trick. I don't really think you need to purchase another one if you already have one.

10. evensong

evensong Pen Pal - Newbie

Website does not explain this fully, maybe someone here can.

Anti-glare
    Anti-reflect
    High contrast

I understand anti-glare is matte and non-glossy, similar to LCD options available. However, anti-reflect and high contrast are both listed under the glossy film types. I've never actually seen a glossy non-reflective (anti-reflect) screen before. Is the anti-reflect a glossy protector? I understand the high contrast is glossy.

Also, having measured the area on my tx2500z, I can attest that 262.5 mm and 164.5mm are very exact measurements.