Screen protector affects tablet sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by zaphod, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaphod

zaphod Pen Pal - Newbie

OK: I just applied a Photodon matte screen protector to replace their Crystal Clear protector. The bottom line is that my tablet touch performance has improved -- behavior is less erratic and less unresponsive. The experience is still not quite as good as with no screen protector. It's odd: I simply never noticed a difference in performance with the application of a SP on smaller screens (smartphones). For now, I will keep the SP on my T901 because I value the protection more than I deplore the performance hit. JM2C.

2. apogee

apogee Pen Pal - Newbie

I just applied a screen protector on my Vaio canvas z today and noticed a significant decrease in pressure sensitivity and an increase in the amount of jitter to my sketching. For handwriting and navigation only, the difference will not be noticeable. Its too bad, I really like the matte finish and the protection from it. I'm really surprised that this hasn't been talked about more. Maybe most people don't sketch on their ntrig devices?

3. apogee

apogee Pen Pal - Newbie

It's been about 18 hours since the science I applied the PET anti glare film on my Vaio canvas Z. The sceen surface is about 95% 'cured' because I did a 'wet' install, and possibly this could be the main reason why my ntrig was losing sensitivity and cursor tracking. I can say that the there is a big improvement in both pressure and cursor sensitivity. There is almost no difference now, with or without the PET film. The pen feel is also to my liking now, over the bare glass. I am really happy with the install and will always have one on my portable device from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.