Screen Creak on the T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Mac Wilson, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Pen Pal - Newbie

Iv got a few engineering design tests to study for so you probably wont be hearing from me for a few days. I ran some tests on the silicone lube and it probably was a bad idea to use it. I found that after 50-60 cycles (at 3lbs) it will start to seize up, unless it is spread over a large area. A laptop hinge has very little friction area so to speak, making it a bad choice...something I should have probably tested before I applied it. Please remember that this was a very quick test and the results have not been confirmed. I will continue to look into it once I get the time.
    EDIT: Looked into silicone lube some more and it really was the wrong product. As it is more of a grease than a lubricant, it is more often used in rubber parts such as O rings. Ill talk to a mechanical engineer in the field and see what he/she has to say. (This is why I don't do mechanical engineering :rolleyes: )

I have indeed noticed very minor mechanical resistance in the hinge (confirming my test), however they still move smoother than before. Ill look into a better type of lube and report back if I find anything. The only major requirements for it is that it will stay in place, and has a high duty cycle.

I just wanted to outline the steps I took:
    1) Removed 4 screws under gray plastic caps. I used tape to protect the edge and used a screw driver as leverage. The rubber pads were removed the same way.
    2) I turned the laptop upside down and removed the three screws marked by the arrows. I then slid out the locking plate.
    3) I then removed the bezel using my fingers...something I don't recommend as the edges can be very sharp. Next time I will probably use a plastic tool or something similar. Do note that the LCD electronics are 2-5mm from the edge of the laptop, be sure that your opening tool does not go much further than that or else you will rip something important.
    4) I simply popped up the gray plastic cap and then had full access to the laptop.
    NOTE: I did not have to remove the gray plastic piece with the rotate arrows on it.

2. bluffmmaster

bluffmmaster Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,

If you want screen for your lapto so call on my cell no- 9833233588

3. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Screen creak? LOL give me a break.

I have a T2020 that makes a God awful racket ALL OVER IT. Every little bit of it creaks and moans. It's pathetic. Plastic fatigue in the extreme.

But having said that, the machine is fantastic (and cheap these days), so hey! it's always something, right? :D

Note: it was so bad I took it apart as I thought perhaps the substructure was broken. Well, there isn't a substructure (which explains it ,really )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.