scratched screen from microfiber cloth?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by HellParker, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a tx2604CA and it got a little smudgy after a few days, so I decided to clean the screen. Used the microfiber initially dry to wipe, but doesnt remove smudge. I then read online if its safe to use water damped onto the cloth then clean, and majority says its ok. I do so, and I find it scratches the screen instead...

Can anyone explain if microfiber indeed does scratch when damped or not? (cause i got alot of little line strokes on the screen now that looks like scratches)

2. clickboom83

clickboom83 Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, from my experience, those little tiny "line strokes" you see are not scratches but tiny little threads that a damp microfiber cloth leaves behind... now I have also noticed that this happens mostly with the "towel type" microfiber cloth but does not happen with the "smooth" type of microfiber cloth that is normally used for cleaning camera equipment. Try that perhaps?

But I can assure you that those numerous tiny little "scratches" you see are not scratches, but water+microfiber streaks.

Just my humble opinion. :)

Cheers

3. Adrian890

Adrian890 Pen Pal - Newbie

I very much doubt a microfibre cloth scratched ur screen.. I think u probs marked it with the stylus when navigating round the screen, (similar to the nintendo DS)

4. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

or another possibility is that something small and grainy (like sand for example) could have gotten stuck on the microfiber clothe and THAT scratched it.

learned it the hard way myself to clean the clothe BEFORE cleaning the screen...

5. HellParker

HellParker Civil Engineer

Any body knows, how to avoid scratch the screen; using the pen or clean it????