scratch out gesture

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by dgeffs, Jan 2, 2011.

1. dgeffs

dgeffs Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw the scratch out gesture used with the slate on one of the OneNote videos. Can't seem to figure out why this won't work on mine. Gestures are enabled so what is the trick?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi dgeffs,

You need to go left to right with the pen over the stuff you would like to erase about three or four times so that OneNote can recognize the scratch out gesture. Sorta like when you write something incorrectly on a pad of paper and pen, you just scratch it out. OneNote will automatically erase it.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

...Use three horizontal strokes; be sure you don't inadvertantly lift the pen nib at the end of any stroke.

Note that in some applications, strike-out has to be enabled (typically in the Options menu...)

4. dgeffs

dgeffs Pen Pal - Newbie

I swear that is what I was doing but it seems to be working now. Perhaps a restart helped. Oh well - thanks.

5. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but just wanted everyone to know the real trick here is in making sure you stay as close to possible on the same line. I've tried this a dozen different ways. The way it always works without fail for me is to start left to right and to go back and forth 3 or 4 times like SimsHsia, but the key is to try and make your scribbles all over lap like you're trying to scratch it out in one line, if that makes sense? Do that and it will work every time :)