Scanned documents to ?ink??

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by k0rbi, Jul 20, 2009.

1. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    I would like to convert scanned notes (handwritten) to “ink”. (By “ink” I mean it should be possible in Onenote to move single parts or to resize them. OCR also would be nice.)
    Is there are program or add-in for that?

Another possibility would be an addin for Onenote which helps me deal with pictures: I would love to be able to trench pictures. That would be at least a start.
    Do You know any tools that help me do that?

Greetz

korbi

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not possible.
    I don't know any software with ink support which is either capable of converting images to ink or editing those images.

You'll have to use a third party program to manipulate your images.

3. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, I was afraid of that.

Mmm, this would have been a great relief in my daily work life...

Thanks anyway.

4. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

The best you could get (AFAIK) would be a program to convert the image (in bitmap format, ie. scanned) to a vector image. This would then allow rescaling etc and further manipulation. The CorelDraw suite used to offer such (CorelTRACE I think it was called). Quite a cumbersome process though and still not really what you require since it wouldn't be in native OneNote format and wouldn't allow same sort of editing.

5. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

I think converting to a vector image is to time-consuming. I will cut/resize the scanned images with something like photoshop. Thats at the moment the least troublesome solution...

6. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know if you need it in print quality or not, if you don't need the images in print quality and display resolution is sufficient then you can also use the OneNote screen clipping tool to copy parts of the image.

Just open your page, set the zoom factor to 100% and press Windows+S, select the part you wish and you're done.

7. k0rbi

k0rbi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. Thats the way i use it at the moment. Print-Quality is also ok. But its kind of cumbersome...

Greetz Korbi