Sc 3000

Discussion in 'Electrovaya' started by Barry J. Doyle, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Stockmarket

Stockmarket Pen Pal - Newbie

So has anyone tried Electrovaya's latest creation? I'm about to purchase my first PC Tablet and all the specs point me to Motion's LE1600 Centrino. It appears to be the Cadillac of tablets, but after seeing the latest specs on the SC 3000, I have held off hitting the Buy it Now tab. Can anyone point me to a SC 3000 review on the web? All I've seen is the press release.

Thanks.

Stock

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are no reviews yet, it's so brand new they haven't sent any out yet. We've been in contact with them though and hope to have one soon.

3. KidsDocEKS

KidsDocEKS Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using the Electrovaya 2000 Scribbler for over a year.

I have not found another Tablet or Laptop that compares with battery life. I get six to eight hours without recharging. The fit and finish are above other computers that I use in the office, or have looked at prior to the purchase of my Scribbler.

When I upgraded from Windows XP with SP2 my computer locked up with a software error. It took 3 days for EV to send a new hard disk formatted, and all of the factory software loaded.

It is worth looking at and owning. The unit is light, and I am usually in the TV room on the Scribbler (wireless) while my wife watches her TV shows.

I think the newest Scribbler, and the upgrades are icing on the cake.

You should consider this Tablet PC.

Gene Sussman

P.S.: I do not work for the company. I am a pediatrician in the DC Maryland area.

4. Stockmarket

Stockmarket Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking forward to at least one in depth review of the SC3000 before I make my decision. I like the patented battery life. That's what Electrovaya is known for. Price is much better than the LE1600. My concerns are the View Anywhere Screen. Is it comperable to Motions? I think they all come form Toshiba anyway. I like LE1600s attachable keyboard. It appears to be more sturdy and I like the pointer device vs the touch pad EV offers.

I would love to see a comparison review of these two slates. I've done some research and am trying to look 20 steps ahead with Longhorn on the horizon (Xmas 2006). According to the info I've read, your computer needs the 915GM or GMS or GME chipset in order to upgrade to Microsoft's new operating system. I'm not quite sure how accurate this info is given that MS has not released the Longhorn specs yet. If it is true, then there are four tablets that are ready: SC3000, LE1600, X41, and HP TC4200. I want a slate, so the first two are my best bet.

Love to discuss this more with anyone who's experienced either tablet. Thanks KidsdocEKS. Looking forward to it Brian.

5. Confused-but-Interested

Confused-but-Interested Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the same boat.
    But what really interests me about the Electrovaya stuff I am finding is these power pads.
    Now the question is - can I take one of these guys on my flight?
    Has anyone really used one of these with their Tablet? I see they are compatable with quite a bit of notebooks.

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To answer some of the questions in the last two posts...

1. Windows Vista compatibility? I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. I truly believe that the new OS will run on the older chipsets. MSFT would be way out of line forcing all hardware over 1-year-old to be out of the Windows upgrade (not to mention the loss of potential sales). If you go with the 915 chipset, the big plus is the PCI Express bus and Sonoma platform.

2. We are just getting started with the Electrovaya SC 3000 review. Although we don't have a Motion Tablet to compare, we will have a good idea of the screen's capabilities.

3. I see know reason why the Electrovaya Power Pads wouldn't be approved for use on an airplane. You should be fine.

7. Bhaltair

Bhaltair Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry,
    I've been having a discussion with StockMarket and a few others on another website's forum (Stockmarket's come a long way in 6 months from his posts there!) and it's been a direct comparison of the Fujitsu ST5000 series and Electrovaya's SC3000. They both seem to be great machines from what I've read, and where one falters, the other shines brightly.
    Some things I've seen from sellers or websites is that the SC3000 has a pressure sensitive screen (obviously the Fujitsu doesn't have one), marks well on their Mobile Mark tests (where the Fujitsu didn't even complete it), and it has a superior processor. The Fujitsu has Bluetooth (I can't think of a way that Electrovaya's machine can get around this unless you can get a card to put in their machine to incorporate this) a great design and has power USB ports where the SC3000 doesn't.

I'm going to be making my decision this weekend or this next week on which machine to buy. I'm a college student at WWU in finance, and I really love the capability of these machines to be ultra portable and great note takers and lecture recorders.

I would really love to see a direct comparison to these machines if you could give a review like that. I have read the reviews on this site (and all reviews that I can find for that matter) and they have helped greatly. However, different users are rating these and with different scales. The Fujitsu was rated on aspects that the Electrovaya wasn't. Also, there were tests with different programs performed. How can the end user see these ratings and compare them to each other if they are on different scales of measurement?
    Up until 2 days ago I was really sold on the Fujitsu, but with reading results of tests done on the video and reading posts where a few users had major problems with the screens going bad on them is starting to dissuade me from thinking it's the best choice. With Electrovaya's superior processor, over 1 gig of memory, etc., it's looking to be my choice once again.

Can you help with a direct comparison? Pictures of them side by side? Tests done with the same software and ratings done on the same scale?
    I know I'd appreciate this more than any other help I've received until now, and countless other users would feel the same I'm sure.

Thank you for your time and effort to this site - it helps.

Sincerely,
    Walter

8. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member