Satellite Click 2

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by XJ12, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

USA Today

The Satellite Click 2 arrives in late June at a suggested retail price of $587, exclusive to Best Buy and Toshiba's own web site.

The 13.3-inch machine is less than an inch thick with the keyboard, though at 4.84 pounds in laptop mode it weighs about the same as before and is not the lightest machine you'll find. It packs a quad core Intel Pentium N3530 processor, compared to the dual-core AMD chip of its predecessor. Like before, the base model has 4GB of RAM, 500GB of hard drive space, and a 13.3-inch detachable touchscreen.

The new design attempts to address some issues that cropped up in reviews of the original, including fixing what had been a less than responsive keyboard. The company has teamed up with Skull Candy on the branded audio.

When you detach the keyboard, tablet mode weight is 2.8 pounds.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...tellite-click-2-laptop-tablet-2-in-1/9609401/

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. XJ12

I looked at the original Satellite Click as a replacement laptop for my wife's birthday back in January. Didn't pull the trigger as the machine's specs seemed a little low. Not sure if Intel Pentium N3530 is that much better... Isn't it just a rebranding of the celeron?

Like having a regular hard drive for the extra storage. Hope it has a self parking vibration sensor...

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. XJ12

Too bad there's not a CD/DVD drive in the keyboard. I can live without it. But my wife is a tough customer and she's used to having one. I can see her thrilled expression when I show her with my enthusiasm how one can access the drive on the desktop computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.