Santa Rosa or not?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by TheStranger, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStranger

TheStranger Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a choice between the
    Asus R1F and Lenovo X61. The Lenovo is about $200 more if I use my Visa perks.

But the thing is the R1F has a Core 2 Duo 2.0 gig while the Lenovo has a 1.6 ghz Santa Rosa.

Does the Santa Rosa with the X3100 justisfy the $200 extra price tag?

I guess this boils down to whether a 1.6 ghz santa rosa and X3100 graphics is more powerful tan a 2.0 ghz non-santa rosa with the old gma950?

I do play games, but I plan on using this tablet at school and don't want to be distracted with games so I leave my gaming on my desktop at home.

I heard rumours that Lenovo is horrible at delaying their notebooks. Like if I have to wait a month or two I'm sure by then a new tablet will come out that will be cheaper and more powerful in the stores.

2. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered a Lenovo yesterday and it has an estimated ship date of 7/05. If you want a tablet immediately then you may want to consider something else. Santa Rosa is still very new which is why I think the ship date is so late. If you wait for another manufacturer to refresh their tablets for Santa Rosa you will probably still have to wait until July or later to get a machine. If you're worried about price drops, I have read that Lenovo offers 21 days of price protection from the ship date.

If processor speed is your primary concern, I would recommend the Fujitsu 4220, the Santa Rosa version of the 4215. It has a regular Core 2 duo processor as opposed to the low voltage processor used on the Lenovo. It has also been updated for Santa Rosa and has the x3100 graphics card. That said, first impressions of the x61t say its pretty fast and a considerable improvement over the non-Santa Rosa x60t.

3. TheStranger

TheStranger Pen Pal - Newbie

I wanted that fujitsu, but it's not available in Canada yet I think.

Oh and one more thing. If I open up the Lenovo to upgrade the ram does that void the warranty? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.