Samsung tab S7 FE

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by crazycat, Oct 6, 2021.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

BTW: for those that were wondering, the Tab S7 FE display is fully laminated (like the regular Tab S7) according to Samsung.

Note that Samsung's process for doing that varies a bit from Apples (like in the Pros). Sitting here this morning with the various devices the "thunk" with hard use of fingers or pen is a lot less than say a Tab A7 but possibly very slightly more than the iPad Pro 11.

Of course YMMV

PS: There is a fairly substantial system update for the S7 FE available now, and it makes significant improvements in overall performance and stability. I suspect most of the reviews out there were done with what comes on the system out of the box, in other words pre update, and they ought to retest as at least a couple of games I've seen get a noticeable FPS (15-20%) boost with the update.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Lilawyn and crazycat like this.
  2. Lilawyn

Lilawyn Pen Pal - Newbie

All of the reviews in this thread convinced me to jump on the Tab S7 FE train. Samsung had a nice $130 discount on the 8GB/256GB model this week. It arrived yesterday, and I just love the feeling of sketching on it when I don't want to make a whole production out of grabbing my laptop and getting it set up for drawing.

3. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

I also broke down and bought one despite not having any real need for one. With sales and corporate discount, I managed to pick up the 64gb version for around the equivalent of USD$330. I expected it to be a return but I’m going to keep it.

With the updates mentioned by @desertlap, it’s running quite smooth these days (although not quite at the level of my iPP). I’m enjoying the s-pen, the great multitasking vs Apple, and most of all, the ability to emulate GameCube and PSP games on it. The screen is a bit too reflective for my tastes, but I’m getting used to it and really enjoying the extra real estate vs my 10.5 iPP. The lack of apps optimized for tablets on Android is a bit of a downer, but not a deal killer for me. Dex is actually pretty cool and I used it exclusively in Dex as a tablet for a couple of days without an external keyboard and mouse.

@crazycat Would be grateful to hear what case you’re using and your impressions. I’ve found there’s not nearly as many case options out there as there are for iPads.

Lilawyn likes this.
  4. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm only using a 5$ third party case ordered locally ( I'm not from the US), something like this:
    [​IMG]
    It's fine so far for my need. One disadvantage is that the closing cover has magnet to automatically turn off screen when closed. If I want to lay the tablet flat against the table or a tablet stand, if I flipped back the cover behind the tablet, the magnet would be pressed to the back of the tablet and affect S-Pen performance. This cover doesn't have any folding seam so it's more awkward to keep it out of the way.

Lilawyn likes this.
  5. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. I was considering one of the book cover knock offs, but folding it behind the screen looked difficult, so this was helpful. I’ll think probably I’ll stick to the standard trifold style case I have on my iPP if I can find a good one.

crazycat likes this.