Samsung Tab S3 9.7

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by artistebot, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you create art using an Android Device?

1. Yes, I love it.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. I have not tried it yet, but want to.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Only on IOS

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Only on Windows

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. On any device that suits my needs.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Let us know what you think when you have used it for a while. Considering it as heir to my GN8 but would prefer a slightly smaller form factor.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.

2. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yea I have it for store pickup on Friday... just need something new I am such a SAD person.....

3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I am on the fence. Does anyone know how the Snapdragon 820 compares to the Intel Core m3-6Y30?

4. djas

djas Graffiti User

Tempting....

5. artistebot

I visited Best Buy today tried out the Tab S3 and compared it against my Tab A 2016 (SM-P580):

• Screen: Better than the Tab S, obviously, here is an image:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Pen: Feels comfortable in-hand. The tip is noticeably sharper. One demo tip showed a bit a wear, so I wonder how well the newer tip may last. Another pic, you can see the slight wear on the very tip of the S3 pen. The Pen will come with replacement tips. The ether pen works the same on ether device.
    [​IMG]
    • Keyboard: I found typing on it to be comfortable, the whole thing attaches via magnets so not sure how well it would stay in place with constant travel. No side protection, so it may not be a good choice for added durability?
    • Dimensions: It is noticeably thinner than the Tab A 10.1. The S3 screen is smaller by only by a small amount. I prefer the 3:2 aspect ratio over ratio of the Tab A. Here is a pic:
    [​IMG]

Overall it is nice device, I think the Silver one looks more premium to the Black one. IMHO while it is better looking w better specs to the Tab A, I does not seem to be worth nearly double the price of the Tab A (2016 w S-Pen). The Samsung Tab A at ~$300 might cannibalize ~$600 Tab S3 sales, except the Tab S3 has more built--in storage 32gb, and will have an LTE option.

Best Buy will offer a $100 trade-in rebate at launch. Basically trade-in any only working and not damaged tablet and get minimum $50 store credit w $50 rebate coupon for the S3.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    WillAdams likes this.
  6. metalsiren

yea I played with it in the store and I like it, but I agree the price point kind of SUCKS and it should be less... but still getting it Friday

7. artistebot

8. metalsiren

9. metalsiren

and they are big on hitting it on price sucking, which I agree with for sure. I think at 500 it would have really been much better.

10. metalsiren