Samsung Tab S3 9.7

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by artistebot, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you create art using an Android Device?

1. Yes, I love it.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. I have not tried it yet, but want to.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Only on IOS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only on Windows

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. On any device that suits my needs.

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Looks like Samsung is updating its Android tablet line. An S4 is on the way. Announcement is expected the day before the MWC later this month.

2. E.J.Su

E.J.Su Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope there will be a larger version and larger internal storage, I use it to do 90% of my published artworks. I love everything about S3, except the screen size could be larger, and I have to watch my storage very closely.

Speaking of storage, does anyone have problem with apps on SD, when rebooted the device, it gets "unlinked" as if the SD card wasn't mounted? I had experience with other devices that took awhile to wait for SD to mount and the apps would came back once the SD was mounted, but my S3 has never re-link up my apps on SD.

Anyone has a tip on how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So what happened to the S4 at MWC?:vbconfused:

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if Samsung is stuck in the middle?

The new Huawei 10" MediaPad M5 pro looks pretty good for what it is. Likely the pen won't compare well with Apple Pencil/Wacom EMR. The M5 Keyboard case looks good, but is starting to look more chromebook-like? The M5 seems slightly better than the S3.

With phablets becoming more common, 8" android tablet seem almost dead. IMHO Samsung should focus on Apple and getting a larger 12"+ Android Tablet w S-pen.

What woudld be cool...Samsung/Wacom "swing for the fences" with a 14" screen and top end cpu....one can dream crazy...

Bronsky likes this.
  5. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

Was wondering if anyone had thoughts on if the S3 would be a worthwhile upgrade over the Tab A 10.1 (s pen version)? Got my tax return in and was thinking of upgrading my go-to sketch device. Tried a chromebook but the android app support still seems half-baked.

artistebot likes this.
  6. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I have both, and only use my S3.

It is better in almost every way.

The build quality is good on both, IMHO the Tab seems more "rugged" due to the Tab using a glass back, however I have not has any issues as I have a shell on mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWGPP3H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Tab is noticeably faster. IMHO the Tab 10.1 might be slightly slower than the Note 10.1 2014.
    The screen and aspect ratio is better.
    etc...

IMHO, The Tab remains a good value as a digital sketchbook.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    WillAdams likes this.
  7. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

I also think the S3 is much better than the Tab A, but I have not been happy with the battery life. It may be that I received a faulty device and I have not done anything to replace it. If you get one, test the battery thoroughly before your return window.
    Mine came with the keyboard cover which has been very nice. Am typing on it now. I also like the aspect ratio better.

artistebot likes this.
  8. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I managed to find a new one for 345 and snagged a used keyboard off ebay for 30 so not a bad deal I thought. Super excited for it to arrive.

artistebot likes this.