Samsung Tab S3 9.7

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by artistebot, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you create art using an Android Device?

1. Yes, I love it.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. I have not tried it yet, but want to.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Only on IOS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only on Windows

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. On any device that suits my needs.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Pen Pal - Newbie

In my experience 3 hours of intensive use drains half of the battery. l often turn down brightness to only 30% to squeeze out more battery life. And I charge during the day whenever I have an opportunity to do so. Otherwise I am very happy with the device. It fits my needs perfectly.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

Doesn't that seem low for an Android tablet, especially one that touts long battery life?

3. Tinkerer

You can 't have it all. A thin tablet with a brilliant display and relatively powerful electronics draws a lot of power. Similar tablets from other manufactures are not much better in this regard no matter what the manufacturers tell you in their specifications. Lithium ion power supply technology will have to improve and this will take time. An ultrabook or depending on your needs even a cheap android tablet with a lower quality display may give you more time on one battery change

4. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

But I want it All! Power and battery life.
    I was able to get the standby power drain down by turning off wifi. Still a great tablet.

5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

now it would be nice to get Android 8 when it comes out but it takes Samsung ****ing forever to do that lol

6. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know if it has been discussed before but how does the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen compares to the recent Apple screens with antiglare coating? I have the 5K iMac at work and the thing that impresses me the most, even more than the resolution, is how little reflective the screen is. The new iPad screens also received a low 1.7% in reflectivity at Displaymate, and I think that is still a record.

So if any how you have checked both, how does them compare to the S3 screen?

WillAdams likes this.
  7. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

Tbh, it looks BLURRY compared to an iPad Air (2013 model). It has the same resolution, idk why it is blurry. It doesn't have an impact on usage, but still, I was expecting more from a premium tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Tinkerer

There is an application where this tablet excels:

Following MOOCs and simultaneously taking notes with the S-Pen.

Samsung's TouchWiz software allows you to run lecture videos in a small window. Using a note-taking app like Lecture Notes it is convenient to watch the video and and taking notes.

To be able to Smart Select slides and figures shown in the video and transferring them to your notes enhances the experience (BTW with Lecture notes it is also possible to preload slides in your notes if the they are available as PDF). Smart Select is a feature that comes with the S-pen.

In Lecture Notes you can easily index your notes with keywords. I find this extremely useful for studying your notes before an exam.

9. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

One nice thing about the Tab S3 is Art Rage has decent performance on it...iMHO.

Art Rage is such an awesome app.

That fact that ArtRage lets save a file that records all your brush stokes as a script is great. An ArtRage user can paint an image at a lower resolution on the Tab S3, then import that painting script to the ArtRage Win or Mac app and output the same painted image at a much larger resolution for printing or whatever else.

https://www.artrage.com/manuals/working-with-artrage-files/increase-size-of-mobile-paintings/

I still default mostly to Infinite Painter for it full suite of image editing tools and workflow, never the less ArtRage natural brushes are amazing.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, that feature sounds amazing. Btw, I'd like you to also try ArtFlow (again if you've tried before). It is a very good app, almost on par with Procreate for iOS. I recently requested a feature from the developer, it was the ability to adjust pressure sensitivity. They added it to all brushes individually, which made some unusable brushes totally usable. I believe that they are a single person developing this app, but he/she sure knows how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk