Samsung Tab S3 9.7

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by artistebot, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you create art using an Android Device?

1. Yes, I love it.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I have not tried it yet, but want to.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Only on IOS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only on Windows

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. On any device that suits my needs.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yes, @artistbot makes an excellent suggestion about disabling everything else running. I thought that required rooting. Once you've done that you can start reinstalling those things you want until you hit a snag. It is unfortunately a tedious process, but you will know exactly where the problem lies.

Also, the process I described above, do that every time before you launch your art app. It will ensure that you have the maximum RAM available for your app.

2. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey artistebot, I'd like to see your work done on this tablet. Also, what art app do you use the most? I tried everything but no app has crisp HD brushes. It's always like airbrush, even the pencil tools. I've been using ArtFlow since it looks like Procreate. I'd like to hear your opinions about your conclusion of most usable art app on Android. Sorry if you've already talked about this before.

Sent from my GM 5 d using Tapatalk

3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, spesifikbrush

Check out my blog, artistebot.com

As for digital brushes I almost never use airbrush, IMHO it is important to have edge control and airbrush makes that difficult. I prefer hard edge 100% opaque brushes most of the time.

I hope this helps, I am happy to answer other questions.

cheers

JH

4. artistebot

I have had several Samsung devices with Magnetic enclosures that seemed to not affect the EMR?

BUT

For the Samsung Tab S3, the magnets on the third party (not Samsung) cases have caused dead spots on a S3 that I then had to exchange for a new one. There is also posts of the auto sleep getting messed up too.

You can test this by using the pen with a high level of pressure sensitivity, areas affected by magnets become much less sensitive or require greater force than the surrounding are to get a similar brush stroke.

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Is the S3 particularily thinner than previous S-tabs? Maybe they cheaped out a bit on their shielding this time around... Does the official Samsung case for it have magnets placed at different locations or weaker magnets I wonder?

6. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the Samsung keyboard case and it has 2 magnets. One just below the left end of the space bar and another just below the Alt key. That doesn't include the ones that hold the tablet in the groove where the connectors are or the ones on the back that hold the case on.

7. artistebot

FYI There is no known material that blocks magnetic fields without itself being attracted to the magnetic force. Magnetic fields can only be redirected, not created or removed. To do this, high-permeability shielding alloys are used. The magnetic field lines are strongly attracted into the shielding material.

The Tab S3 is thinner, IMHO it may be that 3rd party cases are using magnets that are too strong.

Best Buy is offering the Staedtler Noris Digital for free with purchase of the Tab S3

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  8. barnesgj

Has anyone had an issue with battery life. I have to charge nightly, even with light use. Have brightness at 50%.

9. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Pen Pal - Newbie

In my experience 3 hours of intensive use drains half of the battery. l often turn down brightness to only 30% to squeeze out more battery life. And I charge during the day whenever I have an opportunity to do so. Otherwise I am very happy with the device. It fits my needs perfectly.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. barnesgj

Doesn't that seem low for an Android tablet, especially one that touts long battery life?