Samsung Tab S3 9.7

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by artistebot, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Do you create art using an Android Device?

1. Yes, I love it.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. I have not tried it yet, but want to.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Only on IOS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only on Windows

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. On any device that suits my needs.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I have found the Tab S3 to handle large brushes much better than the Note 10.1 and Tab 10.1, less lag. I highly recommend, for any Samsung Device, to disable as much bloatware as possible to get best performance on your device.

I use Package Disabler Pro

Infinite Painter works great..

:)

WillAdams likes this.
  2. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

This would appeal to me if the price wasn't almost the same as an ipad pro. For that amount of money I would just buy the ipad pro. A couple weeks ago best buy had not the 2017 ipad but the ipad pro 9.7 for 500 for the 32gb. I expect to see more sales as it gets closer to wwdc. I would have grabbed one if they had the lte versions on sale but the lte versions were regular price. only the wifi was on sale.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. artistebot

I complained about the price too, it did seem high. Never the less the Tab S3 is an awesome Android Tablet and it is great the Samsung released it.
    I like the iPad Pro, but IMHO iOS sucks, and I find the Apple Pencil very uncomfortable to use.

Everyone needs are different, but IMHO after using the Tab S3, it is a better device than the iPad Pro.

4. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

I used both the iPad Pros for an extended time, and I really liked both of them. I especially liked the Apple Pencil, it's precision is far more superior than even this 0.7 mm tip, or other Wacom devices. They did it, and it just works, wonderfully.

I had to sell my iPad Pro unfortunately. When I had the chance to get a new tablet, I thought I'd try the Tab S3, since the price of iPad Pro got more expensive in my country due to exchange rates. Yeah, things get expensive in my country after their release, instead of getting cheaper xD

My initial thought of this device: Speakers SUCK! (compared to iPad Pro speakers) Idk what AKG was thinking, but Beats does better device speakers IMO. Other than that, I love this tablet. The slim design, the flexibility of Android, no need to charge S-Pen and it is just the size of my technical pens, microSD support for future storage expanding, and of course the beautiful screen. It looks beautiful! It was looking green at the first time, but I adjusted the white balance and turned off the green slider. It looks just right now. I believe that it will serve me well for some years. I'll probably replace it with an iPad Pro when the iOS gets better, but not now.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

It looks like BestBuy is including the $129 keyboard case free with the tablet. It's listed online as one of the free items.

WillAdams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  6. barnesgj

I am within the return window and BB let me return and repurchase the tablet in order to get the bundled keyboard. (They are also including an NFL Jersey. Not sure how that links to a tablet.)
    They didn't have the keyboard in stock, so are shipping to me free in 2 days.
    Good deal!

WillAdams likes this.
  7. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, is there a pen presurre setting in the tablet? Because the maximum pressure threshold is so high for me. I was able to asjust it on iPad Pro within the app itself, but since S-Pen is more integrated with the system, I thought maybe there can be a system level setting.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

8. barnesgj

I don't see it in the S-Pen settings.

9. artistebot

S pen pressure settings can be found in apps that offer that option, such as Infinite Painter, Clover Paint, Art Rage and so on. There are several "S Pen Apps" on Google Play, so perhaps there might be one to offers that functionality at a system level, however I am not aware of one.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    WillAdams likes this.
  10. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Personally I have used the s pen and I find the apple pencil feels infinitely better pressure wise. Its also crazy accurate. Im not asking anyone to drink the cool aid. Just saying the apple pencil is one thing they got right.