Samsung Smart PC 700T & 500T Book cover cases keyboard cases at CES Show

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by MobileHG, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobryan26

jobryan26 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

The book cover keyboard is apparently model AA-BK0NWBG, and piles of resellers seem to have it listed online, but none have it in stock. I am guessing it does not actually exist yet. One of the sellers stated it was for the 500t specifically.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I just received a similar case from Amazon made by Cush Cases. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but it's actually quite good. All ports and the pen silo are accessible, and the construction seems solid. Nice leather surface on the outside, nice 'felt' like feel on the inside (microfiber), and alignment ridges so you can set a few angles, see the Amazon product images.

Two drawbacks: if you fold it all the way open, the cover and the back are not quite flush (but close), and if you fold it all the way open, the 'lip' (snap closure) along the long edge sticks out, which is a bit inconvenient. The Samsung case looks like it wouldn't have the latter problem, and probably not the former either. For $14 I might live with the drawbacks though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have the keyboard on, does it close? I am beginning to wonder about modding a case out of parts. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. It's FINALLY here!
    AA-BS6NBCG -

looks like they're selling for the equivalent of $92 tho... and the case is only available in gray...

6. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

That's the price they should use for the one with the keyboard!

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I don't have a keyboard, so I can't try. It's apparently almost an exact copy of the famed Poetic case, so maybe the Amazon reviews of that tell you more about how it works with the keyboard.

8. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

The Poetic hardback case does not close with the keyboard on. However it IS possible to dock it with the case still on.

It does seem like just a slightly longer hinge would do the trick, really. The Poetic case (and the Cush) have that tight clip when you close the case... it would hold it shut even if the hinge were looser. A looser hinge would affect the angles on all the positions in the stand, of course, but I have the keyboard case from Poetic, which alas does not have the nice hardback (and the slimmer profile) and the looser hinge was no big deal. It was just too bulky overall.

Unfortunately, it looks like combining the best of the two cases would take an industrial sewing machine I don't have. :)

9. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

So, doesn't look like the book cover keyboard ever came out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.