Samsung Smart PC 700T & 500T Book cover cases keyboard cases at CES Show

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by MobileHG, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msgnyc

msgnyc Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm curious as to how it stands using the book cover w/keyboard.....
    I may be interested in that for days I wish to go abit lighter forgoing the kb dock.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I do like how the hinge is at the top, much more like the cases I'm used to (the Incipio is hinged on the bottom, seems more cumbersome). I do wonder how stable that case is for typing in the more vertical stand position. But all in all, looks very promising... We'll have to see what the keyboard cover is like. :D

3. egumex

egumex Pen Pal - Newbie

I stumbled upon the following youtube video of a case for the 700T. Does anybody recognize the brand and/or type? It seems you can attach the tab to the keyboard dock without removing the case from the tab.

[video=youtube;2rQIH1kDq4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQIH1kDq4M&noredirect=1[/video]

4. mnbrennan

mnbrennan Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sure you have to stick that case to the back with ADHESIVE. Not a good solution. Check out the flipsteady thread

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

5. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Adhesive?? That's Crrraaazy! :eek:

6. egumex

egumex Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah yes.. @2:50 you can see the case sticks to the back of the tab. I don't know if it will damage the plastic when you take it off. I am wondering if the official Samsung book cover shown at CES will allow the tab to connect to the keyboard dock while still in the book cover just like the case shown in the above youtube video.

7. the actual samsung cases have the device snap in, like with the galaxy tab. I don't know where the guy got that case that fits the pro, but I commented on his video, asking.
    The "slim pouch" just showed up in samsung stores today in seoul, AA-BS6N11W -
    so hopefully the book cover case will be out soon too

8. dragonforce11

dragonforce11 Pen Pal - Newbie

So is there any update on where these are? The OP said that the Samsung reps said by end of 1Q, which has passed... so anyone know where these book covers are? Because I want one to replace the sleeve that I currently have.

9. The official site still hasn't been updated with them. I called a large Samsung store here in Seoul and they only sell the "grip assist cases". Online shopping sites only sell off-brand cases for the 500t which will not fit the 700t.
    I've been waiting for these cases for a long time so it's really disappointing. I just picked up a small satchel that's amazingly the exact size, but it would b nice to have the option to make it into a stand...

10. kakeashi

kakeashi Pen Pal - Newbie

look them up on amazon, theres a lot of cases now, pretty cheap too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.