Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Why not get it over with & get the Note 10+?

2. djas

djas Graffiti User

Welcome back.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The 10+ feels minuscule vs the Tab A 8 for screen room. 16:10 8" - I see the Tab A 8 as a way to try to get used to Android before the real move this year - Surface Duo or a Galaxy Note Fold. Yes, I said it - I think the Fold is going to migrate to the top of the Note line up, or the Fold line will add S Pen support with the Note 20 being a 20 Ultra with S Pen support. Either way, I will finally have my two device (laptop plus phone) solution.

Yes, I am crazy, and yes, this is a SWAG.

Thanks buddy - like I explained above I am hoping this can be my training wheels to an Android phone future.

nnthemperor, thierryb and djas like this.
  4. djas

djas Graffiti User

If you need anything vis-a-vis apps usage, workflows, how-to, etc - don't hesitate to enquire here - as a full-time P-205 corporate user in IT - I'd be more than happy to help you keep this here jewel of a phone/tablet.

5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@djas, you are an awesome TPCR buddy! :)

hiramkey, djas and dstrauss like this.
  6. dstrauss

Not leaving, yet, but the unit I received was clearly repackaged (looked like it was wrapped in Clingwrap - very crude packaging, including a photocopied warning - "Do not open if your carrier is Verizon or Sprint") and on questioning was told it was a "factory refurb opened by a CDMA customer" so I returned it. I don't do foreign sale refurbished equipment - been burned too many times before, even if from a US seller, unless the seller is the OEM.

Sorry to be such a disappointment @djas (and thanks with the offers to help), and so predictable @nnthemperor - I have EARNED my new avatar...

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So, any rumors about Samsung doing an upgrade version of this device. It came close to the perfect Android tablet for me but for the week processor and miserable 32gb storage. I've been stuck in an endless cycle of uninstalling apps that I use and deleting caches or anything little thing that can save me a few MBs. Internal storage is constantly at 1gb space left. Most apps don't like been sent to the external storage, so they either revert or start to misbehave when forced to stay.
    I really wish samsung could give this device the flagship treatment and make it an ipad mini competitor.
    @desertlap have you heard anything so far?

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  8. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

@nnthemperor , Nothing yet but it's a bit early for that line, which will probably come closer to late spring early summer. We are almost certain there will be a successor as the current model sold above expectations from Samsung.

We are hearing that it will be a pretty minor update though with the headline feature being a 5G modem but otherwise a midrange chipset, and possibly a very slightly larger display (like .2 inches bigger)

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I do hope it comes with at least a 64gb internal storage.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

10. dstrauss

The P205 generally sells for $250-$290 0n Amazon ($259 just now). If they upped retail to $399 on this model, 4-6gb RAM, 64-128gb SSD, and an older 8xx generation processor. THAT would be something to lust over thanks to the S Pen.

nnthemperor likes this.