Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

How ripped are his arms? Maybe it's time to switch the Tab 8 & iPhone back to a Note 10 Plus.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

3. djas

djas Graffiti User

• S Note for long form notetaking (sync with Surface 3 for reference purposes) S Note has a Windows version from the Store
    • Samsung Notes for meetings with its built in audio recordings.
    • Nebo - it is excellent for quick scratchpad. Conversion to html and Word formats is brilliant for quick sharing with colleagues.
    • LectureNotes - has chokeful of features for true pen to paper experience.
    • ON - for long form reading, documentations, placeholders synced from work credentials.
    • Grafitti for Android OSK- nothing else matters.

desertlap likes this.
  4. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well after few days with this I'm on the fence about it. On the positive side, I really like the s-pen and think it's the best implementation in a tablet form factor,.

In the middle is the display and battery life. Both are better on my iPad mini, but it only suffers by direct comparison and if I didn't have the mini I'd be perfectly fine with them. Performance is not as good as the mini either, but certainly good enough and really only looks worse when compared side by side with the mini. If I didn't have the mini, I'd be fine with it.

So far the real negative is Android and apps. Apple does a far better job of optimizing the OS and apps for the various screen sizes. Samsung does a good job with their own apps, but I don't find any of their apps all that useful compared to other options.

One positive note, the LTE is very good and among the better devices tested though still lagging the current champ, the Galaxy Book 2. Though it beat both the Book 2 and iPhone 11 in marginal signal acquisition.

lovelaptops likes this.
  5. dstrauss

Trials and travails...
    • GTA8 having real problem maintaining GPS and facial recognition. I know Smart Unlock and Facial ID are not good security measures, but good enough around the office for quick opening and use in a meeting or at desk while on the phone, but they just won't stay active after 2-4 hours. Have to reprogram both when they fail.
    • 8" may be too small for this old guy anymore - writing area, with big menu space at top of screen, results in a lot of scrolling while writing/reviewing notes.
    • Getting hives form using Android versions of apps - iOS and Windows versions are much more consistent and better at syncing than Android across our SharePoint server.
    • Love the EMR and silo, but leaning towards going back to iPad especially because of #1 above.

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. djas

djas Graffiti User

Oh... :)

(LOL) :vbbiggrin:

<Very satisfied user here>

7. dstrauss

UPDATE - Sammy is going back to Amazon. I've been reading a lot of Android blogs and Reddit threads, and this is an all to common problem with this processor - I don't need map accuracy, but I do need responsive unlock, and whether Touch or Facial ID the iPads have been rock solid and quick to open.
    I think it was our friend @desertlap that once described me as the best hardware tester around because "I could break anything." I don't think that's true (and least I don't think I think that is true) - but why am I always running into one problem or another. Apparently Smart Lock (for location based unlocking) requires a stable GPS connection, and once it goes to sleep it is lost, and it takes facial recognition with it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    nnthemperor, djas, Lilawyn and 2 others like this.
  8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use facial and device recognition, and most of the time, it works. Some it doesnt. I would have prefered fingerprint. Fingerprint reader (for instant reliable login), flashlight (for emergency) and NFC (for paiement) are the features this device miss and will probably makes me have a look to the note 10 light. But I am not sure I will support a 6" compared to a 8"

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am just reading my signature, and I realize:
    10 years since my first EMR pen,
    Thank you all to have converted me to this technology

violajack and djas like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The facial recognition on the GTAB8 is just a simple one, not the Iris scanner tech on higher end devices. I have up on it immediately after I started using it. It's a 10% hit, and 90% miss.

Well Dale, that honeymoon didn't last long. Between the SGo and the GTA8, which one had the shortest?

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020