Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I got the GB 2 pen with hard erase top. Hate cases, so I'm using mine bare.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm actually not a fan of cases either, but I do like being able to fold the cover for an incline when writing, or stand when just watching videos.

How is that GB2 working for you?

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

If you're asking about the actual device, I don't have it. Just picked up the pen on eBay from this guy, and was lucky to get the original. The pen itself is great and it's good having the eraser, but it only works in few apps unlike on the windows platform.

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

4. dstrauss

Sorry - I was referring to the pen. I would prefer all pens have the eraser top, but it is still the exception and not the rule. I find I am using the GB12 pen most of the time, especially for longer sessions, but also impressed that the S-Pen is comfortable to use as well.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So mine should be here tomorrow. Question for all, I use notability on the iPad. I know they don't make an android version, but are there suggestions on something at least somewhat similar?

6. dstrauss

Sorry no help here - I just rolled right into OneNote. Guess I'm just not adventurous, but on a hunch I ran "best alternatives to notability" and OneNote kept coming up as the first suggestion (to be fair, at Tomsguide it was second to Evernote):

G2
    Alternatives
    Tom's Guide

Maybe Microsoft is paying off review sites?

7. nnthemperor

OneNote is the best for me. There's also Nebo (has windows version too)

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Guess I may have to revisit One Note. I tried it several years ago and didn't care for it, but I'm sure its quite different now. My daughter got me using notability both for ease of use and how well it syncs across (unfortunately Mac only) devices.

PS: Thought about Evernote and have used it in the past, but what bugged me then was the inconsistency of interface and feature support across platforms. For all intents and purposes you might as well have been using different products. I don't know if it's gotten better

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  9. dstrauss

Oops - well, OneNote on Android has a somewhat different UI than iOS ans Windows, but substantially the same. I truly believe they will all be the same across platforms at Neo/Duo get closer to release. Otherwise Duo will be a complete failure.

My daughter is also a Notability fan, because of its free form nature. OneNote is much more structured (hierarchical) and that has not changed. I LOVE, however, how I can search handwritten notes without conversion to text.

10. dstrauss

The GTA8 has me really conflicted - the size, Wacom EMR, and overall peppy performance are great. However, now I find myself toting FOUR devices (x360, iPad Pro 11, GTA8, and iPhone 11 Pro) so the family is GROWING instead of SHRINKING. The iPad is literally porky compared to the GTA8, while I now even hate to touch the pen on the x360 given the superior pen experience of the S Pen and Apple Pencil. Maybe I should fire them all and just go back to this...

[​IMG]
    My (not really senior) partner back in 1985 lugged one of those around courthouses in West Texas; screen is actually smaller than my iPad Pro 11...35 pounds of silicon fury...:eek:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Tams, Giowi, nnthemperor and 2 others like this.