Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

It feels a bit odd - meanwhile Samsung is generating a ton of excitement from the Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Note 10 (phone)

And here I am more excited about the cheapest of them all, the Tab A eight inch

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

8.9 is the same thickness as the Galaxy Book 10.6.....my iPad mini with a case.....is pretty the same 8.9 thickness.

The problem I see more.....should someone get this and put a case on it....it would be no doubt 10+mm thick.

That being said.....I like how in the unboxing video he directly compared it to the old 8incher.....while the increase in thickness from that model I dislike.....I do like how it’s overall footprint is significantly smaller then the old 8 incher.....that makes the thickness trade off a bit easier to stomach.

If only Android had Clip Studio....I would buy this in a heartbeat.

nnthemperor and paprikaleapt like this.
  3. paprikaleapt

Thanks. I'm doing definitely going for the Galaxy ThiccBoi Tab A 8 inch then. I just need to learn to love the thicc- I think it will grow on me.

Well, who am I kidding- I am probably going to buy both this and the ipad mini 5 because I'm a technophile and these are actually somewhat affordable.

Galaxy Tab 8 for quick note taking.

Ipad mini 5 for when I want a higher res screen and a more complicate Smart dark mode than Android (I assume?)

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That’s exactly my point, and I’m not one to put cases over my devices. The $300 cost wouldn’t bother me that much if anything happens to the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. paprikaleapt

Is it not fantastic that when people ask for 8 inch tablet with stylus recommendations that TPCR will finally have two good recommendations (this and ipad mini 5)?

Also RIP windows 10 small tablets, maybe they will be great in 10 years but frankly by then, android and ios will probably be amazing and have overcome alot of their limitations

Oh wait Andromeda, maybe that will be the answer

Bronsky likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This thing reminds me of my old Asus Note 8. EMR SPen is really tempting. Lots of trade offs vs the mini but advantages too. I even still have my old Slate 500 keyboard that I can use with this.

Wonder how the display will hold up as navigation device?

7. nnthemperor

Will get mine by Wednesday. Will report on the experience.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

paprikaleapt, desertlap and Bronsky like this.
  8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes I'm curious as well. We got the new Tab 5SE in yesterday for evaluation. I haven't really done anything with it yet but I would say it's probably the nicest tablet hardware that Samsung has produced so far. (though it does look a lot like the iPad pro 11).

It doesn't have pen support which is surprising. We have heard, though with absolutely no detail that another tablet in this size range is forthcoming in Q3 ish

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

Do you mean the 8" size range?
    I wish Samsung would get their acts together and release a good iPad alternative. Try try try as I may, I can't get myself to love iOS, even with the great HW.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No ,I think, mostly based on inferences that it will be in the 10-11 inch range. I've heard at least one reference to bring back the Tab S Pro Line.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Tams, nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.