Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm really not much into using it as a phone, but the LTE data would really be convenient. If I had real guts, I'd add a Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Book Flex, and wrap myself in a world of EMR goodness...oh well...

What if Microsoft made a folding device faster than the Surface Go (Neo), and a mini-me version of that (Duo)...would that fully scratch my itch...

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. dstrauss

djas likes this.
  3. dstrauss

Well, the Eagle has landed and first quick question - Samsung now reports it is "up to date" but shows last security update as August 2019 - can this be true?

Thirty second (well, thirty minute) review:

• Build quality - first rate - not iPad fit/finish but damn nice and not at all "plasticky" as some reviewers have claimed - rear surface is textured and not smooth plastic
    • Office installing quickly (OneNote, Outlook, Word, and Excel so far):
      • OneNote connected to sharepoint notes smoothly and quickly
        • Pen - YES - Wacom EMR butter and silence
        • Ink very smooth but like a mm or two lag
        • MUCH BETTER than x360 or iPad Mini already
      • Outlook likewise connected smoothly and quickly and downloading email
    • Screen is very good, even for this 4k snob
    • Ah - Android - more like I fell off the bike than riding one at this point
    One additional question for you experts - what does Microsoft Launch add to the experience?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    nnthemperor and djas like this.
  4. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

Pretty sure mine is on November...
    You can manually install if you want or keep checking.
    I tried MS launcher but I didn't like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  5. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

With the MS Launcher, there is a page to the left of the home screen which syncs your windows sticky notes. Pretty handy if you use sticky notes. I believe you can also handwrite into the sticky notes both in windows and Android.

dstrauss likes this.
  6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Question: some have said this tablet is slow to start up. What are owners here experiencing? Does it come right on fully functional like an iPad or other ARM device, or is there a significant delay from turning on to being able to get to work? Thanks

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. djas

djas Graffiti User

No issues on mine. Double tap, screen turns. Ready to use, smart lock to my Garmin so lack of biometrics is a non-issue.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ms launcher, basically an extension of your windows PC. Timeline syncs with Windows 10 timeline. Swipe in from the right and access the widgets page. You can basically pin everything widget you use there. Don't forget to install the Your phone app and access whatever you have on you tablet (well not apps yet) on your PC.

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Significant delay from boot up to ready to use. Might be because I'm using the MS Launcher, though. Sometimes, just waking it up could cause some lag. Again, not a deal breaker. Set the battery to charge only 85%, so juice runs out quite fast. I'm using mine bare-skinned and love it. Laminated screen is much reassuring.

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

10. dstrauss

Double tap and I'm in - I don't power off so maybe the delays you've read about are reboots? Haven't tried the MS Launcher app - default is working fine for now. Will be trying the Your Phone App this week.

Considering the price, quality, properly siloed S-Pen, and performance, this has been a very pleasant surprise.

djas and nnthemperor like this.