Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

2. rth741

rth741 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hallo,
    I have a question about this device. I already have several 8-inch devices that support GPS, GLONASS, Beidou. But I need an 8 inch tablet for GPS software that I make to test in the car and at the moment I only find this device with Location Technology that supports the GPS satellites Galileo. Now I need information about which device is suitable for this in Europe. SIM card slot is not necessary but allowed. I will not use this. There are two versions: P200 and P205. So I want certainty that one of these, or both, the GPS satellites supports Galileo.
    I use different GPS programs such as TomTom Go and Sygic Nav and Navigon. And here I find the info about Galileo sat. use.
    https://www.usegalileo.eu/EN/inner.html#data=smartphone.
    I need this because I actively participate in programs on these forums.
    Can someone help me with this. I recommend installing the apk GPS test android (ChartcrossLimitedTools) program and testing which satellites can be received.
    Regards
    Thys

3. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

Here you go

[​IMG][​IMG]

rth741 likes this.
  4. rth741

rth741 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for this info. And which version did you use P-200 or P-205 (LTE)

If you use the P-205 version, please do the following test. Deactivate your internet connection as well as disable the wifi function and do the test with all satellites. and show the result here. This to see only the GPS function, so without A-Gps support....And also look at the time to make the fix
    Thanks
    rth741@laposte.net

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  5. rth741

rth741 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's here in Brussels. Screenshot_20191228-151142.jpg Screenshot_20191228-151241.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn S3_Pro met Tapatalk

6. CodytheLucario

CodytheLucario Pen Pal - Newbie

Totally agree. Its even thicker than my dad's iPad mini 4

7. CodytheLucario

CodytheLucario Pen Pal - Newbie

same here, except that I'm also excited about the note10 and 11 and 10lite

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Not sure how I missed all this fun, but @Bishop mentioned it over in the Surface Companion thread, and of course like a moth to a flame, my credit card got burned for $280 in an instant (actually, that may be the cheapest gear purchase in a while). Sure hope with Duo coming this fall MS ups its game in Android software, especially OneNote. This really looks like a better moleskine solution than my iPad Mini 5; thank heavens for Wacom EMR - SAMSUNG PLEASE PUT AN S-PEN IN ALL YOUR PEN SUPPORTED DEVICES (looking at you Galaxy Book Flex).

nnthemperor and Marty like this.
  9. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

With the s pen and sd card it is a great little tablet for sure. Just not nearly as premium as the mini 5, but much cheaper. Would be nice if Samsung would make a top spec version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

As an owner of a "premium" iPad Mini 5, I have to say the premium comes at too high of a price. It is $529 for a 64gb 4g LTE Mini, plus $99 for the Pencil; the TabA8-LTE is $280 plus $20 for a Samsung Evo Select 126gb msdxc. Once you put them both in a third party case, that $628 "premium" over the $309 Samsung starts to disappear quickly. Don't get me wrong, almost every app I have used in iOS is superior to its Android counterpart, but getting 2 for 1 is a pretty stiff Apple tax.

Apparently these S-Pen tabs are usually aimed at South America, SE Asia and/or India (my Tab A 10. w/S Pen was). What Samsung usually sells stateside as their premium devices (iPad like prices) don't match up to iPad because of software and ecosystm, so I am glad to benefit by the lower specs which incorporate a proper siloed Wacom EMR S Pen...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

djas likes this.