Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I strongly suspect this one will be the one that the carriers pick up, primarily as a lower cost alternative to the iPad for their customers. Samsung has told us repeatedly that there just isn't a large market for 8 inch Android in the US. Asia is a very different story/market.

That being said, It seems to be a chicken/egg problem. I haven't seen a compelling device from anybody in that form factor from any manufacturer since Samsung's Tab S2

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why not just release the one already on sale in the US too? Doesn't sound that complicated to me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

why not buying at eglobal, where I bought mine, or elsewhere instead of waiting then buying this one ?

4. thierryb

ok, a feedback after more than a month.

My SM-P205 is my primary device, my primary phone, my primary PC. I would have loved to can do the same with a windows phone/PC.

what I miss : windows, nfc (for my banking), fingerprint reader, a flash for photo or sometimes use it as a light.

I would have loved a 7" bordless version of this device.

djas, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  5. Giowi

Giowi Pen Pal - Newbie

is there a twrp or a modded recovery?

6. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

So, Thierryb, you bought an international model and are using it on a US carrier? Is that correct?
    My problem is that I'm on Verizon, and I don't think you can get this with CDMA.

7. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's no U.S model because it wasn't released in the U.S, only in select "developing countries." Thierryb is French and lives in France, not the U.S. I too live in Japan and imported mine from the Philippines. My point is that the LTE versions are basically Sim-unlocked, so it's possible to use with different carriers.

That said, unlike Thierryb, I find myself using the SGo more than this device. I'm still glad I got it, and wish it had more power and longer battery life. Samsung should have made this an iPad competitor, TBH.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Tams likes this.
  9. thierryb

Yes, I bought an international model.
    Nop, I use it in France and not in the US

10. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought a P205 International model from an E-Bay seller, and I use it in the US on AT&T. It is voice capable, but I only use the LTE for data. My main use-case is note taking in consulting projects. In a pinch, I suppose I could swap in my Galaxy Note 8 sim card if the phone died out on the road.

Ron

nnthemperor likes this.